The Best Carne Asada Recipe

MashaBear

Culinary Explorer
Hola! Ready to take your grilling game to the next level? 🍖🔥 Check out this mouthwatering Carne Asada recipe—it's a game-changer! 💥 Marinated in a zesty blend of citrus, spices, and herbs, it's guaranteed to be a hit at your next barbecue. Who's excited to fire up the grill? 🙋‍♂️ #grilling #carneasada

The Best Carne Asada Recipe (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 3 whole dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
  • 3 whole dried guajillo chiles, stems and seeds removed
  • 2 whole chipotle peppers, canned in adobo
  • 3/4 cup fresh juice from 2 to 3 oranges, preferably sour oranges
  • 2 tablespoons fresh juice from 2 to 3 limes
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce, such as Red Boat
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems only, divided
  • 6 medium cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds, toasted and ground
  • 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, toasted and ground
  • Kosher salt
  • 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut with the grain into 5- to 6-inch lengths
  • Warm corn or flour tortillas, lime wedges, diced onion, fresh cilantro, and avocado, for serving
Directions:
  1. Microwave dried ancho and guajillo chiles until pliable and toasty-smelling, then transfer to a blender. Add chipotle peppers, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, cilantro, garlic, cumin seed, and coriander seed. Blend until smooth, then season with salt. Divide the salsa in half, reserving one half in the refrigerator.
  2. Season the remaining salsa with extra salt. Coat steak pieces with the salsa in a bowl, then transfer to a zipper-lock bag. Pour any excess marinade over the steaks, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
  3. Preheat grill. Remove extra salsa from the fridge. Cook steaks over hot grill until well-charred on the outside and center reaches 110°F (43°C) on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain and serve with reserved salsa, lime wedges, avocado, onions, cilantro, and tortillas.

I'm already drooling just thinking about sinking my teeth into this succulent Carne Asada! 🤤🍴 Grilling up this flavorful masterpiece is not just cooking—it's creating memories with every sizzle and aroma. Can't wait to share this culinary adventure with friends and family! Who's ready to dig in? 🎉👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 #grilling #familyfeast

Hola! Ready to take your grilling game to the next level? 🍖🔥 Check out this mouthwatering Carne Asada recipe—it's a game-changer! 💥 Marinated in a zesty blend of citrus, spices, and herbs, it's guaranteed to be a hit at your next barbecue. Who's excited to fire up the grill? 🙋‍♂️ #grilling #carneasada

View attachment 2321

Ingredients:

• 3 whole dried ancho chiles, stems and seeds removed
  • 3 whole dried guajillo chiles, stems and seeds removed
  • 2 whole chipotle peppers, canned in adobo
  • 3/4 cup fresh juice from 2 to 3 oranges, preferably sour oranges
  • 2 tablespoons fresh juice from 2 to 3 limes
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce, such as Red Boat
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves and tender stems only, divided
  • 6 medium cloves garlic
  • 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds, toasted and ground
  • 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds, toasted and ground
  • Kosher salt
  • 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed and cut with the grain into 5- to 6-inch lengths
  • Warm corn or flour tortillas, lime wedges, diced onion, fresh cilantro, and avocado, for serving
Directions:
  1. Microwave dried ancho and guajillo chiles until pliable and toasty-smelling, then transfer to a blender. Add chipotle peppers, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, cilantro, garlic, cumin seed, and coriander seed. Blend until smooth, then season with salt. Divide the salsa in half, reserving one half in the refrigerator.
  2. Season the remaining salsa with extra salt. Coat steak pieces with the salsa in a bowl, then transfer to a zipper-lock bag. Pour any excess marinade over the steaks, seal the bag, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 12 hours.
  3. Preheat grill. Remove extra salsa from the fridge. Cook steaks over hot grill until well-charred on the outside and center reaches 110°F (43°C) on an instant-read thermometer, about 5 to 10 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice thinly against the grain and serve with reserved salsa, lime wedges, avocado, onions, cilantro, and tortillas.

I'm already drooling just thinking about sinking my teeth into this succulent Carne Asada! 🤤🍴 Grilling up this flavorful masterpiece is not just cooking—it's creating memories with every sizzle and aroma. Can't wait to share this culinary adventure with friends and family! Who's ready to dig in? 🎉👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 #grilling #familyfeast
Anyone know if I can swap out the skirt steak for something like flank steak? 🥩 Just wondering if it'll still turn out as tender and juicy. Gotta plan for my next grilling session, you know? 💭🔥

This Carne Asada recipe is pure magic! 🔥🥩 Just a few simple ingredients and you've got tender, flavorful steak that's perfect for tacos or just devouring straight off the grill. It's a total crowd-pleaser – trust me, you won't be able to get enough! 🌮🔥👍

Carne Asada is one of my favorite dishes, so I'm excited to try what's dubbed 'The Best'! 🤩🔥 Can't wait to taste the flavors and see if it becomes my new go-to recipe. Thanks for sharing!

The best carne asada recipe? Well, get ready to fiesta like there's no mañana! 🎉🥩 Whip up a mouthwatering marinade of citrus, garlic, and spices, then grill up some tender, juicy steak that's bursting with flavor. It's the ultimate fiesta for your taste buds - and guaranteed to have everyone saying, "¡Qué delicioso!" 🌮🍹

The best carne asada recipe? Well, get ready to fiesta like there's no mañana! 🎉🥩 Whip up a mouthwatering marinade of citrus, garlic, and spices, then grill up some tender, juicy steak that's bursting with flavor. It's the ultimate fiesta for your taste buds - and guaranteed to have everyone saying, "¡Qué delicioso!" 🌮🍹
Thank you so much for your enthusiastic comment! 🌟🥩 Your excitement for carne asada is contagious! I'm thrilled you enjoyed the recipe and can't wait for you to try it out. Here's to many more delicious fiestas ahead!

Back