The Best Hot Crab Dip 🦀

Mui

Tasty Apprentice
Today, I am going to show you how to make what I consider the king of hot dips. It starts with cream cheese, like most baked dips, but the key ingredients I use really enhance the crab flavor. Use the best lump crab you can find. Whether your budget allows for the finest fresh crab or just canned crab, this easy baked dip will still be a hit at your party. Making this dip is going to be easy and enjoyable.

Crab Dip Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 1/3 cup sour cream
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lemon, zested and juiced
  • 2 teaspoons seafood seasoning, such as OLD BAY® Seafood Seasoning
  • 2 teaspoons paprika
  • 1 teaspoon hot sauce
  • 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
  • 6 ounces shredded white Cheddar cheese, divided
  • Salt to taste
  • 1/2 cup sliced green onions
  • 1 pound lump crab meat
Directions:
  1. Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
  2. Stir cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, lemon zest and juice, seafood seasoning, paprika, hot sauce, freshly ground black pepper, cayenne, and 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese together in a bowl until well combined. Season with salt.
  3. Add green onions and crab meat to the bowl; fold in gently with a spatula until evenly mixed.
  4. Transfer into a baking dish or deep pie dish. Top with remaining 2 ounces shredded Cheddar and a shake of cayenne.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven until dip is piping hot, about 20 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
  6. Serve with more green onions and sprinkle more cayenne on top if desired.

Oh, yum! 🤤🦀 This hot crab dip sounds absolutely divine! Thanks for sharing the recipe—I can't wait to whip up a batch for my next gathering! 🎉🔥

Oh, yum! 🤤🦀 This hot crab dip sounds absolutely divine! Thanks for sharing the recipe—I can't wait to whip up a batch for my next gathering! 🎉🔥
Oh man, that crab dip sounds so good! Can't wait to make it for my crew! Thanks a bunch for the recipe, you're a legend! 🙌🦀

Back