Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey pizza lovers! ๐Ÿ• I wanted to share my go-to recipe for making a super easy and delicious thin crust pizza dough. Itโ€™s perfect for those nights when youโ€™re craving pizza but want a lighter, crispier base. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) active dry yeast
  • 3/4 cup warm water (110ยฐF)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
Instructions:
  1. Activate the Yeast: In a small bowl, mix the warm water and sugar, then sprinkle the yeast on top. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
  2. Make the Dough: In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Add the activated yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix until a dough forms.
  3. Knead: Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
  4. First Rise: Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size.
  5. Prepare for Baking: Preheat your oven to 475ยฐF (245ยฐC). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while it heats up.
  6. Roll Out: Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll it out into your desired thinness. I usually aim for about 1/8 inch thick.
  7. Add Toppings: Transfer the rolled-out dough to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet or pizza peel. Add your favorite toppings. My go-to is a classic margherita with tomato sauce, mozzarella, fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.
  8. Bake: Slide the pizza (with the parchment paper if using) onto the preheated pizza stone or directly onto the oven rack. Bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until the crust is golden and crispy.
  9. Enjoy: Let the pizza cool for a few minutes, then slice and enjoy! ๐Ÿ•โœจ
    Thin Crust Pizza Dough Recipe1.jpg
Would love to hear how this turns out for you and any toppings you like to add. Happy baking!

This thin crust dough sounds like a total winner! ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ”ฅ Thanks for sharing, canโ€™t wait to try it out and see what toppings everyoneโ€™s adding. Keep the tasty recipes coming! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ‰

This Thin Crust Pizza Dough recipe looks perfect! ๐Ÿ•โœจ Can't wait to make my own crispy, homemade pizza. Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿณ

Thin crust pizza is the best! ๐Ÿ• Do you let your dough rise overnight, or do you have a quicker method? I love how crispy and light it turns out!

Back