Tikka Masala Recipe 😋🍛🔥

culinary_connoisseur

Culinary Explorer

I absolutely adore this recipe. I always make twice the amount! Everyone I've served it to has always taken some leftovers home. Thank you so much for sharing it. It's fantastic!

tikka masala recipe.jpg

INGREDIENTS​

Chicken Tikka Masala:
  • 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1/4 cup masala paste (recipe follows)
  • 1/2 cup plain yogurt
  • 1–2 tablespoons oil
  • 2 cups tomato puree
  • 1 cup heavy cream (sub a 14-ounce can of regular coconut milk)
  • 1–2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 2 cups rice
  • 1/4 cup cilantro
Masala Paste:
  • 2 onions (about 3 cups when chopped)
  • 5 cloves garlic
  • a 2-inch piece of fresh ginger
  • 3 tablespoons garam masala
  • 1 tablespoon each chili powder, turmeric, and cumin
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • a small pile of cilantro stems
  • juice of one lemon

INSTRUCTIONS​

1. MASALA PASTE: Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the paste for this recipe and freeze the remainder for future use. Done!
  2. MARINATE CHICKEN: Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Marinate with 1-2 tablespoons of masala paste and the yogurt for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
  3. COOK RICE AND CHICKEN: Start cooking the rice according to the package instructions. Meanwhile, heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 tablespoons of oil. Cook the chicken in batches without stirring, until each piece is nicely browned on the outside. Remove from the pan and set aside. (The chicken does not need to be fully cooked at this stage.)
  4. SAUCE: Add 2-3 tablespoons of masala paste to the same skillet and stir-fry for a few minutes. Add the tomato puree and browned chicken; simmer for 10-15 minutes until the chicken is fully cooked.
  5. FINISH: Stir in cream or coconut milk and season with salt. Let it stand for a while to allow the sauce to thicken. Serve over rice with cilantro.

I hope you enjoy making and savoring this delicious Tikka Masala as much as I do! Happy cooking, and bon appétit!

Back