Tiramisu

Keith_

Tasty Apprentice
Indulge in creamy layers of mascarpone, coffee-dipped ladyfingers, and a sprinkle of cocoa powder. Whether it's a cozy night in or a special occasion, this classic Italian treat is sure to satisfy your sweet cravings

Ingredients:
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/4 cup coffee liqueur
- 1 package ladyfinger cookies (savoiardi)
- Cocoa powder, for dusting

Tiramisu.jpg

Instructions:
1. In a heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar over a double boiler until thick and pale.
2. Remove from heat and beat in the mascarpone cheese until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form.
4. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until well combined.
5. In a shallow dish, mix together the brewed coffee and coffee liqueur.
6. Quickly dip each ladyfinger cookie into the coffee mixture, making sure not to soak them too long.
7. Arrange a layer of soaked ladyfingers in the bottom of a serving dish.
8. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers.
9. Repeat with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
10. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to allow the flavors to meld.
11. Before serving, dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder.

Slice and enjoy your delicious homemade tiramisu!

Feel free to adjust the recipe to your taste preferences, adding more or less sugar or coffee liqueur as desired. Enjoy your delightful Italian dessert! 🍰

Wow, this tiramisu recipe looks amazing! I love how detailed the instructions are, especially the tips on soaking the ladyfingers just right. Can't wait to try making this for my next dinner party!

Wow, this tiramisu recipe looks amazing! I love how detailed the instructions are, especially the tips on soaking the ladyfingers just right. Can't wait to try making this for my next dinner party!
Personally, I think dusting cocoa powder on top gives it that classic finishing touch, though shaved chocolate could be a decadent alternative! 🍫✨

Back