Tofu Scramble Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my go-to tofu scramble recipe that I make almost every weekend. It’s super easy, delicious, and perfect for breakfast or brunch. Plus, it’s a great vegan alternative to scrambled eggs. Here’s how I make it:

Ingredients:

• 1 block of firm tofu (14 oz), drained and pressed
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced (any color you like)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tsp ground turmeric
  • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp paprika
  • 1/4 tsp black salt (kala namak) for that eggy flavor (optional but recommended)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup nutritional yeast (optional for a cheesy flavor)
  • Fresh spinach or kale (a handful, optional)
  • Cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
  • Fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
Instructions:

1. Prepare the Tofu:
    • Crumble the pressed tofu into bite-sized pieces using your hands or a fork. It should resemble scrambled eggs.
  2. Cook the Veggies:
    • Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
    • Add the diced onion and bell pepper. Sauté until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
    • Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
  3. Cook the Tofu:
    • Add the crumbled tofu to the skillet with the veggies.
    • Sprinkle the turmeric, cumin, paprika, black salt, regular salt, and pepper over the tofu. Stir well to combine, making sure the tofu is evenly coated with the spices.
    • Cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the tofu is heated through and slightly golden.
  4. Add Nutritional Yeast and Greens:
    • If you’re using nutritional yeast, sprinkle it over the tofu scramble and mix well.
    • If you’re adding spinach or kale, toss it in and cook until wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
    • Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another minute, just until they start to soften.
  5. Serve:
    • Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
    • Garnish with fresh herbs and serve hot. It’s great on its own or with toast, avocado, or a side of potatoes.
      Tofu Scramble Recipe.jpg
I hope you all enjoy this tofu scramble as much as I do! It’s such a versatile recipe, so feel free to add your favorite veggies or spices. Let me know if you give it a try or have any tweaks of your own!

This Tofu Scramble looks delicious! Love how colorful and packed with flavor it is. Can’t wait to whip this up for brunch! 😍

Tofu scramble is such a great alternative to eggs! Do you add any nutritional yeast for that extra cheesy flavor? It’s perfect for a quick, protein-packed breakfast. 🍳

Back