Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce

muffinpony

Culinary Explorer
Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce.jpeg

Get ready to stir things up with this Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce! It's a colorful and nutritious dish that's loaded with crisp veggies, tender tofu, and a rich and creamy peanut sauce. It's quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious!

Ingredients:

• 1 block firm tofu, pressed and cubed
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 bell pepper, sliced
  • 1 cup broccoli florets
  • 1 carrot, julienned
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup peanuts, chopped (for garnish)
  • Cooked rice or noodles, for serving
Peanut Sauce:

• 1/4 cup peanut butter
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
  • 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 2-3 tablespoons water, to thin
Instructions:

1. In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce and sesame oil. Add the cubed tofu and toss to coat. Let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
  2. In the meantime, prepare the peanut sauce by combining peanut butter, soy sauce, maple syrup or honey, rice vinegar, and sesame oil in a bowl. Gradually add water until the sauce reaches your desired consistency. Set aside.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the marinated tofu cubes and cook until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Remove tofu from the skillet and set aside.
  4. In the same skillet, add sliced bell pepper, broccoli florets, julienned carrot, and minced garlic. Stir-fry for 3-4 minutes, or until the veggies are tender-crisp.
  5. Return the cooked tofu to the skillet and pour the peanut sauce over the tofu and veggies. Stir well to coat everything in the sauce.
  6. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce is heated through and everything is well combined.
  7. Serve the Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry hot over cooked rice or noodles.
  8. Garnish with chopped peanuts for extra crunch.
  9. Enjoy your flavorful and nutritious tofu stir-fry!

Thank you for sharing this recipe! Tofu Vegetable Stir-Fry with Peanut Sauce sounds absolutely delicious and healthy. I love how versatile tofu is and combining it with a variety of colorful vegetables and that flavorful peanut sauce sounds like a winning combination. I'm always on the lookout for new plant-based recipes to try, and this one definitely caught my eye. I appreciate you taking the time to share it with us. Can't wait to give it a try in my kitchen!

Back