Tomato Basil Soup: A Cozy Classic for Chilly Days!

TinkerBell

Culinary Explorer
What's up, everyone? Got something cool to share! I recently discovered a fantastic recipe for creamy tomato basil soup that's perfect for cozy nights in or a quick lunch fix. I couldn't resist sharing it with all of you!

Ingredients:
444444444444.jpg

• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 can (28 ounces) of crushed tomatoes
  • 2 cups of chicken or vegetable broth
  • 1/2 cup of heavy cream
  • 1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Optional: grated Parmesan cheese and croutons for garnish
Instructions:
  1. Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook until softened about 5 minutes.
  2. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant.
  3. Pour in the crushed tomatoes and chicken or vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, then return it to the pot.
  5. Stir in the heavy cream and chopped basil leaves. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  6. Let the soup simmer for an additional 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
  7. Serve hot, garnished with grated Parmesan cheese and croutons if desired.
I hope you all enjoy this comforting and flavorful tomato basil soup as much as I do! It's easy to make and always hits the spot. Let me know if you give it a try! 🍅🌿🥣

Wow! a comforting classic that warms the soul on chilly days. With its rich tomato base and aromatic basil, it's the perfect bowl of coziness to savor during colder weather. Indulge in this heartwarming dish and let its comforting flavors embrace you.

Ah, tomato basil soup – a timeless classic for chilly days! 🍅🌿 Can't wait to whip up a batch of this cozy goodness! Thanks a bunch for sharing the recipe, I'm already imagining the comforting aromas filling my kitchen! 🥣😌

Your Tomato Basil Soup recipe sounds like the perfect comfort food for chilly days. I can almost smell the aroma already! Can't wait to give it a try and cozy up with a bowl. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Cheers!

Back