Tonkatsu Chicken

Alfredo

Culinary Explorer
Hey guys! I want to introduce our tasty Tonkatsu Chicken recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you'll be whipping up this Japanese-inspired favorite in no time. Let's get cooking and savor the irresistible crunch of homemade Tonkatsu Chicken! 🍗🔥
1712472384286.png

Ingredients

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    257×256
    156.3 kB
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Tonkatsu sauce, for serving
  • Optional: Shredded cabbage and lemon wedges, for serving

Instructions:
  1. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
  2. Set up a breading station: Place the flour, beaten eggs, and panko breadcrumbs in three separate shallow dishes.
  3. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip them into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat the chicken breasts evenly with the panko breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
  4. Heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, carefully add the breaded chicken breasts to the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
  5. Fry the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (75°C).
  6. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a wire rack or paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  7. Serve the Tonkatsu Chicken hot with tonkatsu sauce for dipping. Optionally, serve with shredded cabbage and lemon wedges on the side.

Enjoy your delicious homemade Tonkatsu Chicken!

Thanks for sharing your Tonkatsu Chicken recipe! 😋 It's one of my favorite Japanese dishes, and your version seems easy to make at home. I love that you included optional shredded cabbage and lemon wedges for serving, it adds a nice touch of freshness to the meal.

This Tonkatsu Chicken recipe is gonna be lit! ⸜(。˃ ᵕ ˂ )⸝🔥 Crispy, tender, and easy! Can't wait to savor that irresistible crunch at home! ദ്ദി(˵ •̀ ᴗ - ˵ ) ✧🍗

Hey guys! I want to introduce our tasty Tonkatsu Chicken recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you'll be whipping up this Japanese-inspired favorite in no time. Let's get cooking and savor the irresistible crunch of homemade Tonkatsu Chicken! 🍗🔥
View attachment 1509
Ingredients

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    257×256
    156.3 kB
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
  • Vegetable oil, for frying
  • Tonkatsu sauce, for serving
  • Optional: Shredded cabbage and lemon wedges, for serving

Instructions:
  1. Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound them to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
  2. Set up a breading station: Place the flour, beaten eggs, and panko breadcrumbs in three separate shallow dishes.
  3. Dredge each chicken breast in the flour, shaking off any excess. Then dip them into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off. Finally, coat the chicken breasts evenly with the panko breadcrumbs, pressing gently to adhere.
  4. Heat about 1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, carefully add the breaded chicken breasts to the skillet, making sure not to overcrowd the pan.
  5. Fry the chicken for about 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature should reach 165°F (75°C).
  6. Once cooked, transfer the chicken to a wire rack or paper towels to drain any excess oil.
  7. Serve the Tonkatsu Chicken hot with tonkatsu sauce for dipping. Optionally, serve with shredded cabbage and lemon wedges on the side.

Enjoy your delicious homemade Tonkatsu Chicken!
Thanks for sharing the Tonkatsu Chicken recipe! It sounds like a deliciously crispy and flavorful dish, perfect for enjoying the Japanese-style fried chicken at home. Can't wait to bread and fry up some juicy chicken cutlets and serve them with tonkatsu sauce. 🍗🍱🔥

That sounds fantastic! I love me some good Tonkatsu Chicken. Can’t wait to have a go at your recipe. Let’s get into the kitchen and munch away! Thanks for posting! 🍗🔥

One of the best ways to eat chicken, I say! Perfect Japanese dish that I can try at home!
I know right. I've always wanted to try making this but I was overwhelmed by the recipes i've seen online. I'm glad this recipe is really easy to follow and it uses little ingredients to make :D

Back