Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe

lizasoberan

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I’ve been experimenting with making my own Tonkatsu sauce, and I think this recipe is a winner. It’s super easy and adds a delicious tangy-sweet kick to your pork dishes. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 2 tbsp sugar (or a low-carb alternative if you prefer)
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Instructions:

1. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients: ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sugar, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and ground ginger.
  2. Whisk everything together until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
  3. Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
  4. Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly.
  5. Remove from heat and let it cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.
    Tonkatsu Sauce Recipe.jpg
This sauce is perfect for drizzling over crispy pork cutlets, but it’s also great as a dipping sauce for veggies or even as a marinade. Enjoy!

Yum, this Tonkatsu Sauce recipe looks amazing! 🍴✨ I can't wait to try it on my next batch of crispy pork cutlets. Thanks for sharing!

Hey everyone! I’ve been experimenting with making my own Tonkatsu sauce, and I think this recipe is a winner. It’s super easy and adds a delicious tangy-sweet kick to your pork dishes. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tbsp mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
  • 2 tbsp sugar (or a low-carb alternative if you prefer)
  • 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp rice vinegar
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
Instructions:

1. In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients: ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mirin, sugar, Dijon mustard, rice vinegar, minced garlic, and ground ginger.
  2. Whisk everything together until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
  3. Transfer the sauce to a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
  4. Let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens slightly.
  5. Remove from heat and let it cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a month.View attachment 5267
This sauce is perfect for drizzling over crispy pork cutlets, but it’s also great as a dipping sauce for veggies or even as a marinade. Enjoy!
Tonkatsu sauce is a must-have for crispy cutlets! Excited to try making it from scratch. Thanks for sharing! 🍴✨

This Tonkatsu sauce sounds bomb! 🤤 Thanks for sharing the recipe—definitely gonna give it a try on some crispy pork cutlets soon! 🙌

The tonkatsu itself is easy to make, but the sauce is not! Thanks for sharing this, i got some ideas.

Back