Tuna Croquettes Recipe

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey folks, got a craving for something crispy and oh-so-yummy? Try these Tuna Croquettes! 🐟 They're crispy, creamy, and bursting with flavor. Perfect for snack attacks or party platters! 😋 Whip 'em up and watch 'em disappear in seconds. Let's dive into deliciousness! #TunaCroquetteMagic #GetYourNomOn

Tuna Croquettes Recipe

Ingredients:

• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for oiling hands
  • ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1 ¾ cups whole milk, warmed
  • 1 (6.7-ounce) jar oil-packed tuna, drained and crumbled (approximately 1 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 1 ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
  • ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • Neutral cooking oil (such as vegetable oil), for frying
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
  • Lemon wedges, olive tapenade, crackers, cheeses, honey, dried figs, and nuts, for serving
Tuna Croquettes Recipe.jpg

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add chopped onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and sprinkle ½ cup flour over the mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking constantly, until the flour is lightly toasted and garlic is golden, about 4 minutes. Gradually whisk in the warm milk, and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the sauce is smooth, very thick, and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the crumbled tuna, parsley, lemon zest and juice, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until cooled and slightly firm, at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
  2. Lightly oil your hands with olive oil. Roll the chilled tuna mixture between your hands to form 24 (1 ½-inch) balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the croquettes, uncovered, until firm, about 25 minutes. Pour neutral oil into a large Dutch oven to a depth of 1 ½ inches and heat over medium-high until the oil reaches 325°F.
  3. Place the beaten eggs, panko breadcrumbs, and remaining ¼ cup flour in 3 separate wide, shallow bowls. Stir the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper into the panko breadcrumbs.
  4. Dredge each croquette in flour, then dip in egg, allowing excess egg to drip off, and finally coat in panko breadcrumbs. Place the coated croquettes on large plates. Once all are breaded, immediately begin frying.
  5. Working in 2 batches and returning the oil to 325°F between batches, fry the croquettes, turning occasionally using a slotted spoon or spider, until deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
  6. Arrange the croquettes on a platter or serving board and garnish with additional parsley. Squeeze lemon wedges over the croquettes as desired. Serve immediately with olive tapenade, crackers, cheeses, honey, dried figs, and nuts.

Trust me, once you try these Tuna Croquettes, you'll be hooked! 🎣 They're my go-to for impressing guests or satisfying those late-night cravings. Plus, they're freezer-friendly, so you can always have some on hand for a quick bite. Give 'em a shot and let me know what you think!

I love the idea of having a crispy, flavorful snack ready to go. The lemon zest and parsley must give it such a fresh taste. Can't wait to try these out for my next get-together. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 😉✨👍

Hey folks, got a craving for something crispy and oh-so-yummy? Try these Tuna Croquettes! 🐟 They're crispy, creamy, and bursting with flavor. Perfect for snack attacks or party platters! 😋 Whip 'em up and watch 'em disappear in seconds. Let's dive into deliciousness! #TunaCroquetteMagic #GetYourNomOn

Tuna Croquettes Recipe

Ingredients:

• ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for oiling hands
  • ¼ cup finely chopped yellow onion
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • ¾ cup all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1 ¾ cups whole milk, warmed
  • 1 (6.7-ounce) jar oil-packed tuna, drained and crumbled (approximately 1 cup)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest plus 1 ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
  • 2 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
  • ¾ teaspoon black pepper, divided
  • Neutral cooking oil (such as vegetable oil), for frying
  • 2 large eggs, beaten
  • 1.5 cups panko breadcrumbs
  • Lemon wedges, olive tapenade, crackers, cheeses, honey, dried figs, and nuts, for serving
View attachment 3466

Directions:

1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add chopped onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Stir in minced garlic and sprinkle ½ cup flour over the mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking constantly, until the flour is lightly toasted and garlic is golden, about 4 minutes. Gradually whisk in the warm milk, and continue cooking, whisking constantly, until the sauce is smooth, very thick, and starts to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the crumbled tuna, parsley, lemon zest and juice, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper until well combined. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and let it cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate until cooled and slightly firm, at least 3 hours or up to 2 days.
  2. Lightly oil your hands with olive oil. Roll the chilled tuna mixture between your hands to form 24 (1 ½-inch) balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze the croquettes, uncovered, until firm, about 25 minutes. Pour neutral oil into a large Dutch oven to a depth of 1 ½ inches and heat over medium-high until the oil reaches 325°F.
  3. Place the beaten eggs, panko breadcrumbs, and remaining ¼ cup flour in 3 separate wide, shallow bowls. Stir the remaining 1 teaspoon salt and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper into the panko breadcrumbs.
  4. Dredge each croquette in flour, then dip in egg, allowing excess egg to drip off, and finally coat in panko breadcrumbs. Place the coated croquettes on large plates. Once all are breaded, immediately begin frying.
  5. Working in 2 batches and returning the oil to 325°F between batches, fry the croquettes, turning occasionally using a slotted spoon or spider, until deep golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
  6. Arrange the croquettes on a platter or serving board and garnish with additional parsley. Squeeze lemon wedges over the croquettes as desired. Serve immediately with olive tapenade, crackers, cheeses, honey, dried figs, and nuts.

Trust me, once you try these Tuna Croquettes, you'll be hooked! 🎣 They're my go-to for impressing guests or satisfying those late-night cravings. Plus, they're freezer-friendly, so you can always have some on hand for a quick bite. Give 'em a shot and let me know what you think!
Tuna croquettes are a family favorite in my household! Quick to make and so tasty. Plus, they're a great way to use up pantry staples. Can't wait to try out this recipe variation. Thanks for sharing!

Yum! Tuna Croquettes! 🐟🍴 These little bites of delight are a true comfort food classic. Picture this: tender flakes of tuna mixed with creamy mashed potatoes, seasoned to perfection, then lovingly shaped into crispy, golden croquettes. 😋✨ Whether you're enjoying them as a snack, appetizer, or even a meal, they never fail to satisfy. Plus, they're so versatile - dip 'em in sauce, pile 'em on a salad, or simply enjoy them on their own. 🥗👌 Trust me, once you try them, you'll be hooked!

Your Tuna Croquettes recipe looks absolutely delicious! 🐟🍽️ I can imagine the crispy exterior and the tender, flavorful interior. Have you experimented with any dipping sauces or toppings to complement these croquettes? I'm excited to try your recipe and perhaps add a touch of my own twist. Thanks for sharing!

Your Tuna Croquettes recipe looks absolutely delicious! 🐟🍽️ I can imagine the crispy exterior and the tender, flavorful interior. Have you experimented with any dipping sauces or toppings to complement these croquettes? I'm excited to try your recipe and perhaps add a touch of my own twist. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you so much for your kind words! 😊 I'm glad you like the look of my Tuna Croquettes recipe. For dipping sauces, I've tried a zesty lemon aioli and a tangy sriracha mayo—both were a hit! But I'm always up for experimenting. Can't wait to hear about your twist on the recipe! Happy cooking!

I love the idea of having a crispy, flavorful snack ready to go. The lemon zest and parsley must give it such a fresh taste. Can't wait to try these out for my next get-together. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 😉✨👍
Thanks a bunch! 😊 I'm thrilled you're excited to try out the crispy snack—those zesty flavors really do add a refreshing kick! Hope they're a hit at your get-together. Let me know how it goes! Happy snacking! 🍋

Back