Turkish Delight

KainGo127

Culinary Explorer
Hey there, fellow dessert enthusiasts! 🍬🌟 Craving something sweet and utterly irresistible? Me too! That's why I've decided to whip up a batch of Turkish Delight—a delectable treat straight from the heart of Turkey! 🇹🇷🍽️ Get ready to indulge in the luxurious flavors of fragrant rose water and delicate sweetness, all wrapped up in a heavenly confection that'll satisfy even the most insatiable sweet tooth. 🌹✨ So if you're like me and craving a decadent dessert adventure, let's dive into this recipe together and satisfy those sugar cravings in style! 😋🚀🍯

Turkish Delight

Ingredients:

Turkish Delight (1).jpg

For Dusting And Coating:

• 3 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 3 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
For The Turkish Delight:

• 3 cups superfine or baker’s sugar
  • 1 ¾ cups cold water
  • Juice of 1 medium lemon
  • ½ cup cold water
  • ½ cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 4 ¾ tablespoons powdered gelatin
  • 1 ½ teaspoons rose water
  • 1 to 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
  • Gold edible glitter (optional)
Instructions:

1. Prepare the baking dish: Line an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
  2. Make the dusting mixture: In a small bowl, combine 3 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar and 3 ½ tablespoons cornstarch. Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of this mixture over the base and sides of the baking dish. Set the remaining dusting mixture aside.
  3. Make the sugar syrup: In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine superfine sugar, lemon juice, and 1 ¾ cups water. Heat gently until the sugar is completely dissolved, avoiding boiling.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch with ½ cup cold water. Whisk this mixture into the sugar syrup. Sprinkle powdered gelatin over the mixture and whisk to dissolve. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, whisking often, until thickened.
  5. Flavor and set the candy: Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir in rose water and red food coloring if desired. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and let it set overnight at room temperature.
  6. Cut the Turkish delight: Dust a cutting board with reserved dusting mixture, then invert the Turkish delight onto it. Remove the dish and peel off the parchment. Use a sharp knife to cut straight down into cubes.
  7. Decorate with glitter: Sprinkle edible glitter over the Turkish delight if desired.
  8. Dry the Turkish delight: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cubes on it with space between each piece. Let them air dry for 24 hours to prevent sweating. Sprinkle the remaining cornstarch mixture over the candy to coat each piece.
  9. Enjoy and store: Homemade Turkish delight is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 month. Separate layers with parchment paper.

And there you have it, folks! 🎉✨ A delightful journey through the flavors of Turkey, wrapped up in every bite of our homemade Turkish Delight. 🇹🇷🍬 From the first taste to the last lingering sweetness, this recipe is a true labor of love that's sure to bring smiles and satisfaction to all who indulge. 💖 So go ahead, treat yourself to a taste of luxury and share the joy with your loved ones—because life's too short not to savor every delicious moment! 🌟🍰

Nice! the flavors of rose water and delicate sweetness just have me drooling 🤤This seems like a fun and unique dessert adventure – perfect for anyone with a sweet tooth! Let me share this to my sweet tooth friend

Hey there, fellow dessert enthusiasts! 🍬🌟 Craving something sweet and utterly irresistible? Me too! That's why I've decided to whip up a batch of Turkish Delight—a delectable treat straight from the heart of Turkey! 🇹🇷🍽️ Get ready to indulge in the luxurious flavors of fragrant rose water and delicate sweetness, all wrapped up in a heavenly confection that'll satisfy even the most insatiable sweet tooth. 🌹✨ So if you're like me and craving a decadent dessert adventure, let's dive into this recipe together and satisfy those sugar cravings in style! 😋🚀🍯

Turkish Delight

Ingredients:

View attachment 1273

For Dusting And Coating:

• 3 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar
  • 3 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
For The Turkish Delight:

• 3 cups superfine or baker’s sugar
  • 1 ¾ cups cold water
  • Juice of 1 medium lemon
  • ½ cup cold water
  • ½ cup + 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 4 ¾ tablespoons powdered gelatin
  • 1 ½ teaspoons rose water
  • 1 to 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
  • Gold edible glitter (optional)
Instructions:

1. Prepare the baking dish: Line an 8 x 8-inch square baking dish with plastic wrap or parchment paper.
  2. Make the dusting mixture: In a small bowl, combine 3 ½ tablespoons powdered sugar and 3 ½ tablespoons cornstarch. Sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of this mixture over the base and sides of the baking dish. Set the remaining dusting mixture aside.
  3. Make the sugar syrup: In a large saucepan over medium-low heat, combine superfine sugar, lemon juice, and 1 ¾ cups water. Heat gently until the sugar is completely dissolved, avoiding boiling.
  4. In a small bowl, whisk together ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons cornstarch with ½ cup cold water. Whisk this mixture into the sugar syrup. Sprinkle powdered gelatin over the mixture and whisk to dissolve. Bring to a boil, then simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes, whisking often, until thickened.
  5. Flavor and set the candy: Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Stir in rose water and red food coloring if desired. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish and let it set overnight at room temperature.
  6. Cut the Turkish delight: Dust a cutting board with reserved dusting mixture, then invert the Turkish delight onto it. Remove the dish and peel off the parchment. Use a sharp knife to cut straight down into cubes.
  7. Decorate with glitter: Sprinkle edible glitter over the Turkish delight if desired.
  8. Dry the Turkish delight: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the cubes on it with space between each piece. Let them air dry for 24 hours to prevent sweating. Sprinkle the remaining cornstarch mixture over the candy to coat each piece.
  9. Enjoy and store: Homemade Turkish delight is best enjoyed fresh but can be stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 1 month. Separate layers with parchment paper.

And there you have it, folks! 🎉✨ A delightful journey through the flavors of Turkey, wrapped up in every bite of our homemade Turkish Delight. 🇹🇷🍬 From the first taste to the last lingering sweetness, this recipe is a true labor of love that's sure to bring smiles and satisfaction to all who indulge. 💖 So go ahead, treat yourself to a taste of luxury and share the joy with your loved ones—because life's too short not to savor every delicious moment! 🌟🍰
Hey, Thanks for sharing the Turkish Delight recipe! It's a classic treat that always brings back memories. Can't wait to try making it at home and savoring those sweet, fragrant flavors. 🤤🍬✨

Turkish Delight is indeed a luxurious indulgence with its fragrant rose water and delicate sweetness. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I'm ready to embark on this decadent dessert adventure and satisfy my sweet tooth in style! 😋

Turkish Delight is indeed a luxurious indulgence with its fragrant rose water and delicate sweetness. Thanks for sharing your recipe—I'm ready to embark on this decadent dessert adventure and satisfy my sweet tooth in style! 😋
You're welcome! 😊🌹 So glad you're excited to embark on the Turkish Delight adventure! 🍬✨ Get ready to indulge in a luxurious treat that's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth in style! 😋👌

Back