Turmeric Chicken Soup Recipe 𓅸

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
Amidst the frantic pace of life, we all crave a little bit of warmth and nourishment to rejuvenate our tired souls. 🌟 I recently had a beautiful moment of rediscovery when I found solace in a timeless family recipe: Turmeric Chicken Soup. 🍲 As the fragrant spices filled my kitchen and the pot bubbled with promise, ( ˊo̴̶̷̤ ̫ o̴̶̷̤ˋ) I knew I had to share this comforting dish with others who seek solace in the simple joy of homemade meals and cherished traditions. So here's to finding peace in the chaos, one comforting bowl of soup at a time! 🌿🌼

CHICKEN SOUP.jpg
INGREDIENTS
Chicken broth:

• 3½ pound chicken, neck and giblets reserved for another use
  • 4 sprigs of thyme
  • 1 shallot, peeled and quartered
  • 3 ribs celery, trimmed and cut into thirds
  • 3½ teaspoons of salt, plus more if needed
Soup:
  • 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
  • 3 carrots, peeled and cut into half-moons
  • 4 ribs celery, trimmed and diced
  • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
  • 8 scallions, minced; white and green parts kept separate
  • 2 teaspoons minced ginger
  • 2 teaspoons turmeric
  • 1½ cups dry red lentils, picked over and rinsed
  • ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • 1 lemon, juiced
  • Salt and pepper
STEPS
Prepare the broth:

1. Place the chicken in a large stockpot with thyme, shallot, and celery. Cover the chicken with about 12 cups of water; use enough to fully submerge it. Add 3½ teaspoons salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 2 hours until the chicken is fully cooked.
Shred the chicken:
  1. Turn the heat off. Using tongs, carefully transfer the chicken into a large bowl. Pick the meat from the bones once the chicken is cool enough to handle. You can add the skin to the soup if you like or discard it. Reserve the carcass for stock if you like.
  2. Strain the broth into a large bowl through a fine mesh sieve. Wipe out the pot and return it to the stovetop. Discard the spent broth aromatics.
Make the soup:
  1. Heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil in the pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery. Cook for 8–10 minutes. Season with salt. Add the garlic and scallion whites and cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
  2. Add the ginger and turmeric and toss to coat. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the lentils and cook for 1 minute. Add a big pinch of salt.
Simmer the soup:
  1. Pour in the reserved broth–you should have about 8–10 cups. Add the shredded chicken and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes until the lentils are tender. Taste and add crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Stir in half the minced scallion greens and the lemon juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
To serve:
  1. Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the remaining minced scallion greens.
Savor the comforting Turmeric Chicken Soup, a reminder of life's simple pleasures! 🥣💕 Share the warmth and goodness with others. Let food heal!

This turmeric chicken soup recipe looks amazing! 😍 I love how turmeric adds such a beautiful color and warmth to dishes. Plus, it's packed with anti-inflammatory properties, which is a bonus for boosting health. Can't wait to try this cozy bowl of goodness, especially during cold season. Thanks for sharing! 🍲✨

This turmeric chicken soup recipe looks amazing! 😍 I love how turmeric adds such a beautiful color and warmth to dishes. Plus, it's packed with anti-inflammatory properties, which is a bonus for boosting health. Can't wait to try this cozy bowl of goodness, especially during cold season. Thanks for sharing! 🍲✨
Wow, your enthusiasm is contagious! 😍 Turmeric really does bring a lovely color and warmth to dishes, and the health benefits are a great bonus. Hope you enjoy making and eating it as much as I do! 🍲✨

Hi there, @laplus! That sounds amazing! Your Homemade turmeric chicken soup sounds like just the thing to unwind with after a hectic day. Share the love and warmth! 😊

I'm so happy the turmeric chicken soup is making you happy! It's ideal for those moments when you need a little extra love—like a warm embrace in a bowl. I am eager for you to give it a try! Savor the comforting atmosphere and therapeutic powers! 🍲✨

Hi there, @laplus! That sounds amazing! Your Homemade turmeric chicken soup sounds like just the thing to unwind with after a hectic day. Share the love and warmth! 😊
Well, hot dang! I'm thrilled you're on board with the magic of homemade turmeric-infused soup! It's like a big ol' cuddle for your soul, am I right? Let's keep spreading the soup love! 😄🍲

Your description of Turmeric Chicken Soup sounds like a warm hug for the soul! It's amazing how food can bring us back to a place of peace and comfort, especially during hectic times. If you're ever looking to enhance that nourishing experience, consider using https://healofoods.com/products/heritage-chicken-bone-broth as a base. I remember the first time I tried it in my soup—it added such a rich, savory flavor that elevated the whole dish to another level.

Back