Tuscan Bread Recipe

Nemesis

Novice Foodie
Hey everyone! Yesterday, I decided to try making a classic Tuscan bread from scratch, and it turned out so well that I just had to share the recipe with you all. It’s surprisingly easy and absolutely delicious—perfect for a homemade touch to any meal!
Tuscan Bread Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 3/4 cups warm water (95 F to 110 F)
  • 1 tablespoon butter, or margarine, softened
  • 5 cups bread flour, or high-gluten flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
  • Cornmeal, for sprinkling on the baking sheet (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, kosher salt, and yeast with the warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy.
  3. Add butter, bread flour, and olive oil to the yeast mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
  4. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
  5. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
  6. Punch down the dough and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a loaf and place them on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (if using).
  7. Make 3 deep diagonal slashes on each loaf.
  8. Lightly beat the egg white and cold water in a small bowl to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the loaves.
  9. Bake the bread for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and brush with the egg wash again.
  10. Return the loaves to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
  11. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Thanks so much for checking out this recipe! I hope you enjoy baking and eating this bread as much as I did. Let me know how it turns out for you! 😊🍞

Hey everyone! Yesterday, I decided to try making a classic Tuscan bread from scratch, and it turned out so well that I just had to share the recipe with you all. It’s surprisingly easy and absolutely delicious—perfect for a homemade touch to any meal!View attachment 6162

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
  • 1 3/4 cups warm water (95 F to 110 F)
  • 1 tablespoon butter, or margarine, softened
  • 5 cups bread flour, or high-gluten flour
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large egg white
  • 1 tablespoon cold water
  • Cornmeal, for sprinkling on the baking sheet (optional)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine sugar, kosher salt, and yeast with the warm water. Let it sit for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy.
  3. Add butter, bread flour, and olive oil to the yeast mixture. Mix until a dough forms.
  4. Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 10 minutes, or until smooth and elastic.
  5. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
  6. Punch down the dough and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Shape each piece into a loaf and place them on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (if using).
  7. Make 3 deep diagonal slashes on each loaf.
  8. Lightly beat the egg white and cold water in a small bowl to create an egg wash. Brush the egg wash over the loaves.
  9. Bake the bread for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven and brush with the egg wash again.
  10. Return the loaves to the oven for an additional 5 minutes.
  11. Serve warm or cold and enjoy!
Thanks so much for checking out this recipe! I hope you enjoy baking and eating this bread as much as I did. Let me know how it turns out for you! 😊🍞
Hi all! I think adding a little more sugar or brown sugar could do the trick, though I love the deeper flavor brown sugar gives. 🍇🍬

That Tuscan bread sounds amazing! 🍞👏 Thanks for sharing the recipe—it’s so cool to get a homemade touch for our meals. Can’t wait to try it out and let you know how it turns out! 😊

Back