Ube Flan Cake Recipe

Ui Ui

Culinary Explorer
If you are wondering about Soft and airy chiffon cake topped with a thin layer of milk custard flan, then, you will find this cake attractive to have; for it is actually a combination of two delightful cakes!

Ube Flan Cake Recipe.jpg
Ingredients:

For the Caramel Layer:

• 3 tbsp sugar
For the Custard/Flan Layer:
  • 354 ml can evaporated milk
  • 300 ml can condensed milk
  • 6 egg yolks
For the Ube Chiffon Cake Layer:
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 tsp liquid ube flavoring
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
Instructions:

Make the Caramel Layer:

1. Sprinkle sugar in a 9-inch round baking pan.
  2. Heat the pan on low until the sugar melts and turns golden. Swirl to distribute evenly.
  3. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Make the Flan Layer:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix egg yolks, evaporated milk, and condensed milk until smooth.
  3. Strain the mixture and pour it over the caramel in the pan.
Make the Ube Chiffon Cake Layer:
  1. Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until light and bubbly.
  2. Add milk, oil, and ube flavoring. Mix well.
  3. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
  4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and beat to soft peaks.
  5. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
  6. Fold a small amount of egg whites into the yolk mixture, then fold in the rest until combined.
Assemble and Bake:
  1. Place the round pan inside a larger, rimmed pan.
  2. Pour the cake batter over the flan layer.
  3. Fill the larger pan with water until halfway up the side of the round pan.
  4. Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
  5. Cool the cake. Run a knife around the edge, invert onto a plate, and tap to release.

I love the combination of flavors and textures with the chiffon cake and the custard flan. I've never tried making caramel like that before, so I'm excited to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing! 😋😉✨👍

If you are wondering about Soft and airy chiffon cake topped with a thin layer of milk custard flan, then, you will find this cake attractive to have; for it is actually a combination of two delightful cakes!

View attachment 3508Ingredients:

For the Caramel Layer:

• 3 tbsp sugar
For the Custard/Flan Layer:
  • 354 ml can evaporated milk
  • 300 ml can condensed milk
  • 6 egg yolks
For the Ube Chiffon Cake Layer:
  • 3 egg yolks
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup canola oil
  • 2 tsp liquid ube flavoring
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1/4 cup sugar
Instructions:

Make the Caramel Layer:

1. Sprinkle sugar in a 9-inch round baking pan.
  2. Heat the pan on low until the sugar melts and turns golden. Swirl to distribute evenly.
  3. Remove from heat and let it cool.
Make the Flan Layer:
  1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
  2. Mix egg yolks, evaporated milk, and condensed milk until smooth.
  3. Strain the mixture and pour it over the caramel in the pan.
Make the Ube Chiffon Cake Layer:
  1. Beat egg yolks and 1/4 cup sugar until light and bubbly.
  2. Add milk, oil, and ube flavoring. Mix well.
  3. Sift in flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
  4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy. Add cream of tartar and beat to soft peaks.
  5. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar and beat to stiff peaks.
  6. Fold a small amount of egg whites into the yolk mixture, then fold in the rest until combined.
Assemble and Bake:
  1. Place the round pan inside a larger, rimmed pan.
  2. Pour the cake batter over the flan layer.
  3. Fill the larger pan with water until halfway up the side of the round pan.
  4. Bake at 350°F for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
  5. Cool the cake. Run a knife around the edge, invert onto a plate, and tap to release.
Ube Flan Cake? That sounds amazing! The vibrant color and unique flavor of ube with the creamy flan on top—can't wait to try this! 😍🍰

Thank you for sharing your Ube Flan Cake recipe! 🍠🍮 This dessert looks absolutely stunning and sounds like a delicious fusion of creamy flan and the unique flavor of ube. I'm really excited to try making it myself! Do you have any tips for ensuring the layers come out perfectly or any suggestions for variations to add an extra twist? Can't wait to indulge in this beautiful and flavorful treat! 😋✨

From chiffon cake, the type of cake I prefer most is light and fluffy, but the flan custard here inside the cake is creamy, yummy and irresistible. Ideal on the go snack for anyone who loves their sweets. 😋🍰

I love the combination of flavors and textures with the chiffon cake and the custard flan. I've never tried making caramel like that before, so I'm excited to give it a shot. Thanks for sharing! 😋😉✨👍

Awesome, glad you're excited to try it out! Caramel's a bit tricky but totally worth it. Let me know how it turns out! 😊👍

From chiffon cake, the type of cake I prefer most is light and fluffy, but the flan custard here inside the cake is creamy, yummy and irresistible. Ideal on the go snack for anyone who loves their sweets. 😋🍰

I'm glad you're enjoying the chiffon cake with the creamy flan custard inside! It's like a sweet surprise in every bite, perfect for snacking on the fly! 😋🍰

Just baked an Ube Flan Cake – a heavenly fusion of creamy flan and vibrant ube, it's a Filipino dessert dream come true!

Any substitutes for condensed milk for a lighter version? 💭

Hey, thanks for checking out my Ube Flan Cake recipe! 😊 If you're looking to lighten it up, try using evaporated milk with a bit of sugar or even coconut milk. Either way, it's gonna be fire! Appreciate the love! 💜🍰

Just baked an Ube Flan Cake – a heavenly fusion of creamy flan and vibrant ube, it's a Filipino dessert dream come true!
OMG, that sounds delish! Love that you tried out my Ube Flan Cake recipe – it's a bomb combo, right? Thanks for sharing, makes me so happy to hear you enjoyed it! 💜🍮

Back