Ugh, why isn’t my lemon cake coming out fluffy?

ReeseTaki

Culinary Explorer
Oh dear baking experts! 🍋 I'm on a quest to bake the fluffiest lemon cake, but it's just not happening. 😩 It always ends up denser than I'd like. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or have any fluffy-making secrets to share? Grateful for any advice! 🍰

Oh dear baking experts! 🍋 I'm on a quest to bake the fluffiest lemon cake, but it's just not happening. 😩 It always ends up denser than I'd like. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or have any fluffy-making secrets to share? Grateful for any advice! 🍰
For super fluffy pancakes, make sure not to overmix the batter and let it rest for a few minutes before cooking. Also, try adding a bit of baking powder or separating and whipping the egg whites before folding them in. 🥞✨👩‍🍳

For super fluffy pancakes, make sure not to overmix the batter and let it rest for a few minutes before cooking. Also, try adding a bit of baking powder or separating and whipping the egg whites before folding them in. 🥞✨👩‍🍳
Great tips, thank you! 🥞✨ I’ll definitely try letting the batter rest and whipping the egg whites next time. Can't wait to see how fluffy they turn out! 👩‍🍳😊

Check your leavening agents! Fresh baking powder and baking soda are crucial for a fluffy cake. If they're old, they might not work properly. 🧁✨

Your lemon cake might not be fluffy due to overmixing the batter, which can lead to gluten development and a denser texture 😕.

Back