Vanilla Pudding Recipe

otterlyslick

Culinary Explorer
Vanilla-Pudding-above.jpg

I recently whipped up a batch of vanilla pudding, and I have to say, it's a delightful treat that brings a sense of nostalgia and comfort. This recipe is straightforward, with a few simple ingredients coming together to create a creamy and flavorful dessert. Whether you're enjoying it on its own or as a base for other desserts, this vanilla pudding is sure to please.

Vanilla Pudding Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth.​
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble, about 5-7 minutes.​
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Slowly whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to temper the eggs. Then, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan.​
4. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the pudding is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.​
5. Stir in the butter and vanilla extract until the butter is melted and fully incorporated.​
6. Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes or a large bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.​
7. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.​

I hope you enjoy making and eating this vanilla pudding as much as I did. It's a classic dessert that never fails to bring a bit of sweetness to the day. Happy cooking!

That vanilla pudding sounds bomb! 🍮 Thanks for sharing the recipe—I'm totally trying this out soon!

View attachment 4207

I recently whipped up a batch of vanilla pudding, and I have to say, it's a delightful treat that brings a sense of nostalgia and comfort. This recipe is straightforward, with a few simple ingredients coming together to create a creamy and flavorful dessert. Whether you're enjoying it on its own or as a base for other desserts, this vanilla pudding is sure to please.

Vanilla Pudding Recipe

Ingredients:

• 2 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 large egg yolks
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Instructions:
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually whisk in the milk until the mixture is smooth.​
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat, and cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and starts to bubble, about 5-7 minutes.​
3. In a small bowl, lightly beat the egg yolks. Slowly whisk in about 1/2 cup of the hot milk mixture to temper the eggs. Then, pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan.​
4. Continue to cook, whisking constantly, until the pudding is thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 2-3 minutes more. Remove from heat.​
5. Stir in the butter and vanilla extract until the butter is melted and fully incorporated.​
6. Pour the pudding into individual serving dishes or a large bowl. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the pudding to prevent a skin from forming.​
7. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.​

I hope you enjoy making and eating this vanilla pudding as much as I did. It's a classic dessert that never fails to bring a bit of sweetness to the day. Happy cooking!
This looks so creamy and delicious! Can't wait to try it out! 🍮💛

Back