Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe

bhella

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I wanted to share this simple but super cozy butternut squash soup recipe I’ve been making for fall. It's totally vegan, creamy without any dairy, and packed with flavor. Thought some of you might like to try it, especially as the weather cools down. 🍁 Let me know if you give it a go or have any tips for tweaking it!

Ingredients:

• 1 medium butternut squash, peeled and diced 🎃
  • 1 large carrot, chopped 🥕
  • 1 yellow onion, diced 🧅
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced 🧄
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil for a sweeter twist) 🫒
  • 4 cups vegetable broth 🥣
  • 1 can coconut milk (optional for extra creaminess) 🥥
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 🌿
  • Salt & pepper to taste 🧂
  • Fresh parsley for garnish 🌿
Instructions:

1. Sauté: In a large pot, heat the olive oil and sauté the onions and garlic until softened.
  2. Add Veggies: Throw in the diced squash and carrots, and cook for a few minutes, letting them get slightly golden.
  3. Spice It Up: Add the cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Stir well to coat the veggies.
  4. Simmer: Pour in the vegetable broth and bring everything to a boil. Once it’s boiling, lower the heat and let it simmer for about 20-25 minutes (until the squash is super tender).
  5. Blend: Use an immersion blender to blend everything until smooth. If you want it extra creamy, stir in the coconut milk at this point.
  6. Serve: Garnish with fresh parsley and a drizzle of olive oil if you’re feeling fancy. 🍲
    Vegan Butternut Squash Soup Recipe.jpg
I love serving this with a slice of sourdough bread on the side. 😋 Perfect comfort food! If you have any suggestions for how to spice it up, I'd love to hear them. 🌱

The Vegan Butternut Squash Soup looks so comforting and delicious! I love how creamy it seems while still being healthy. The flavor combination sounds perfect for chilly days. I can’t wait to try making this cozy soup at home! 🎃🥣✨

Back