Vegetarian Enchiladas

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
1577_2_1437662255.jpg

I recently tried my hand at making vegetarian enchiladas, and let me tell you—they were a hit! 🌱 The mix of flavors was just right, and the whole thing came together more easily than I expected. Here's how you can make them too:

Ingredients:​

• 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 bell pepper, diced
  • 1 zucchini, diced
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can corn kernels, drained
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 cups enchilada sauce
  • 8 flour tortillas
  • 1 ½ cups shredded cheese (cheddar or Monterey Jack)
  • Fresh cilantro, for garnish

Instructions:​

1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
    Get your ingredients ready while the oven heats up.
  2. Sauté the veggies.
    In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté until they’re soft and fragrant. Toss in the bell pepper and zucchini, cooking until tender.
  3. Add the beans and corn.
    Stir in the black beans, corn, cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes until everything is well combined.
  4. Assemble the enchiladas.
    Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce at the bottom of a baking dish. Fill each tortilla with the veggie mixture, roll it up, and place it seam-side down in the dish. Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top, and sprinkle with cheese.
  5. Bake.
    Cover the dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
  6. Garnish and serve.
    Let the enchiladas cool slightly, then top with fresh cilantro before serving.

Conclusion:​

These enchiladas are warm, comforting, and packed with flavor. Whether you're cooking for a crowd or just a weeknight dinner, this recipe is a keeper. Enjoy! 🌮

Back