Vermicelli Rice Pilaf

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! Introducing my go-to Vermicelli Rice Pilaf recipe! It's a game-changer for your dinner routine – simple, flavorful, and oh-so-satisfying. Perfectly toasted vermicelli mixed with fluffy rice, seasoned just right. Plus, it's totally customizable! Give it a try and elevate your side dish game tonight🍚.

Vermicelli Rice Pilaf

Vermicelli Rice Pilaf (1).jpg

Ingredients:

• 2 cups of long-grain rice (like Basmati)
  • 2 tablespoons of olive oil
  • 1/2 cup of vermicelli
  • 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
  • 4 cups of water, chicken broth, or vegetable stock
  • Optional: 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon or a small cinnamon stick
  • Optional: 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
  • Optional garnish: 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
Instructions:

1. Rinse the rice in a fine mesh strainer under cold water until it runs clear. Drain well and set aside.
  2. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the vermicelli and sauté, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
  3. Add the drained rice to the pot and sauté, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes over medium-low heat until the rice is well mixed with the vermicelli. Season with kosher salt and cinnamon if using.
  4. Pour in the 4 cups of water or broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Let it simmer without stirring for 15-20 minutes until all the liquid is absorbed.
  5. Remove the pot from the heat and let it rest, covered, for 5 minutes. Then, uncover and fluff the rice with a fork.
  6. Taste the rice for seasoning and adjust as needed. Garnish with black pepper and chopped parsley if desired.
Notes:

• This vermicelli rice pilaf recipe yields about 5-6 cups of rice, perfect for serving 6 as a side dish.
  • Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
  • To reheat, microwave in 30-second intervals until heated through, adding a splash of broth or water to prevent dryness. Alternatively, reheat in a saucepan over low heat with a splash of liquid.
  • For quicker cooking, use boiling water when adding it to the toasted vermicelli and rice.
  • Maintain gentle heat during simmering to prevent boiling over and ensure even cooking. Using the smallest burner helps regulate heat effectively.

PS: Every time I make this Vermicelli Rice Pilaf, it's like bringing a burst of flavor to the table! 🌟 It's become a staple in my kitchen – quick to whip up, versatile, and always a hit with the family. Plus, it's so comforting! Who knew a simple side dish could bring so much joy? Give it a go and let me know what you think! 🍽️💕

This recipe is a lifesaver! 🤩 Simple ingredients, fluffy rice, and that golden brown vermicelli on top? YUM! Plus it seems super versatile ..Can't wait to try it with different spices and veggies 😋 Definitely gonna be my new go-to side dish too!

Back