Vietnamese-Inspired Banh Mi Bowls

lilbobby

Culinary Explorer
Greetings, food enthusiasts! Today, I'm excited to introduce a delicious fusion dish that brings together the vibrant flavors of Vietnam in a modern and convenient way – Vietnamese-Inspired Banh Mi Bowls. These bowls are packed with all the elements of a classic Banh Mi sandwich, including flavorful marinated protein, pickled vegetables, fresh herbs, and a tangy sauce, served over a bed of rice for a hearty and satisfying meal. Let's dive into this culinary adventure and create a bowl bursting with Vietnamese flavors!
20-Minute-Vietnamese-inspired-Pork-Banh-Mi-Bowl-Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:

For the Marinated Protein:

• 1 pound protein of your choice (chicken, beef, pork, tofu), thinly sliced
  • 3 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoons lime juice
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the Pickled Vegetables:

• 1 large carrot, julienned
  • 1 large daikon radish, julienned
  • 1/2 cup rice vinegar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
For the Banh Mi Bowls:

• Cooked rice (white or brown)
  • Sliced cucumber
  • Sliced jalapeños
  • Fresh cilantro leaves
  • Sliced green onions
  • Sriracha or chili sauce (optional)
  • Lime wedges
Instructions:

1. Marinate the protein: In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, fish sauce, lime juice, minced garlic, brown sugar, and vegetable oil. Add the thinly sliced protein of your choice and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours for maximum flavor.
  2. Prepare the pickled vegetables: In a small saucepan, combine the rice vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring until the sugar and salt are dissolved. Remove from heat and let it cool slightly.
  3. Place the julienned carrot and daikon radish in a heatproof jar or bowl. Pour the warm pickling liquid over the vegetables, making sure they are fully submerged. Let the vegetables marinate for at least 30 minutes, or refrigerate overnight for a stronger flavor.
  4. Cook the marinated protein: Heat a bit of vegetable oil in a skillet or grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook the marinated protein until browned and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the slices. Remove from heat and set aside.
  5. Assemble the Banh Mi Bowls: Start by placing a generous portion of cooked rice in each bowl. Arrange the cooked protein, pickled vegetables, sliced cucumber, sliced jalapeños, fresh cilantro leaves, and sliced green onions on top of the rice.
  6. Drizzle the Banh Mi Bowls with Sriracha or chili sauce for extra heat, if desired. Serve with lime wedges on the side for squeezing over the bowls.
  7. Enjoy your Vietnamese-Inspired Banh Mi Bowls, with all the vibrant flavors of Vietnam in every delicious bite!
These Banh Mi Bowls offer a delightful fusion of Vietnamese flavors and modern convenience, making them a perfect option for a quick and flavorful meal. Whether you're a fan of Banh Mi sandwiches or simply looking to explore new culinary horizons, these bowls are sure to satisfy your cravings and leave you wanting more. Bon appétit!

Sounds like a delightful culinary adventure! I can't wait to try out these Vietnamese-Inspired Banh Mi bowls. Thanks for sharing the recipe! 🍲 🌿

Oh, that's a culinary adventure I haven't embarked on yet! I can't wait to assemble my own Banh Mi bowl and experience all those vibrant flavors bursting in every bite. Makes me wanna cook this tonight :)

Back