Violet Jelly Recipe

lomiloml

Culinary Explorer
violet-jelly-recipe-01.jpg

I tried making violet jelly the other day, and it turned out beautifully! The floral aroma and delicate flavor are simply enchanting. Here’s the recipe:

Ingredients:​

• 2 cups fresh violet flowers
  • 2 cups boiling water
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 4 cups sugar
  • 1 package (1.75 oz) powdered pectin

Instructions:​

1. Rinse the violet flowers and place them in a heatproof bowl. Pour the boiling water over them and let it steep for 24 hours.
  2. Strain the violet infusion into a large pot, discarding the flowers. Add the lemon juice.
  3. Stir in the powdered pectin and bring the mixture to a boil.
  4. Add the sugar, stirring constantly until it dissolves. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil for 1-2 minutes.
  5. Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Pour the hot jelly into sterilized jars and seal.
The jelly has a lovely, light purple hue and a unique, fragrant taste. Perfect for spreading on toast or gifting to friends! Enjoy! 🌸🍞

4o

View attachment 5172

I tried making violet jelly the other day, and it turned out beautifully! The floral aroma and delicate flavor are simply enchanting. Here’s the recipe:

• 2 cups boiling water
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 4 cups sugar

1. Rinse the violet flowers and place them in a heatproof bowl. Pour the boiling water over them and let it steep for 24 hours.
  2. Strain the violet infusion into a large pot, discarding the flowers. Add the lemon juice.
  4. Add the sugar, stirring constantly until it dissolves. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil for 1-2 minutes.
  5. Remove from heat and skim off any foam. Pour the hot jelly into sterilized jars and seal.
The jelly has a lovely, light purple hue and a unique, fragrant taste. Perfect for spreading on toast or gifting to friends! Enjoy! 🌸🍞

4o
I think violet jelly would be so unique! Have you ever combined it with other floral flavors, though? 🌷🍯

Wow, this Violet Jelly looks amazing! The color is so vibrant, and I bet it tastes as good as it looks. Can’t wait to try making this—thanks for sharing the recipe! 😍

View attachment 5172

• 2 cups boiling water
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 4 cups sugar

4o
Violet jelly sounds so unique and beautiful! I’m excited to try making this. Thanks for sharing! 🌸🍯

Back