Wait, is smoked salmon cooked or still raw?

bossanime

Novice Foodie
🤔 I've always wondered about this. I mean, it's called 'smoked,' so does that mean it's fully cooked, or is there still a raw aspect to it? Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks!

🤔 I've always wondered about this. I mean, it's called 'smoked,' so does that mean it's fully cooked, or is there still a raw aspect to it? Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks!
Smoked salmon is technically considered "cooked" because the smoking process involves both curing and smoking the fish, which effectively cooks it. However, it's not cooked with heat in the traditional sense, so it retains a texture similar to raw fish.

Smoked salmon is technically considered "cooked" because the smoking process involves both curing and smoking the fish, which effectively cooks it. However, it's not cooked with heat in the traditional sense, so it retains a texture similar to raw fish.
I've always thought of smoked salmon as being 'cooked' because it undergoes a smoking process that both flavors and preserves the fish. 🎣🔥 However, it retains a tender, silky texture that's different from fully cooked fish. 🐟🤤

I think smoked salmon is technically considered 'cooked' due to the smoking process, which helps preserve and flavor it. Though, it's not heated like traditional cooking methods, so it retains a texture similar to raw salmon. Enjoy! 🐟🔥😊

Back