What Are Your Best Ways to Thicken Up Vegetarian Chili?

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Good morning fellow foodies! 🌶️🥄 I'm looking to make my vegetarian chili thicker and heartier. From cornstarch slurry to blending some beans, what are your secret tricks? I'm all ears (or should I say, spoons?) for your tried-and-true methods to get that perfect, cozy consistency. 🍲✨I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Absolutely! One of my favorite ways to thicken up vegetarian chili is to add a can of refried beans. It blends in perfectly and gives the chili a nice, hearty texture. You can also mash some of the beans you’re already using in the recipe. Another great trick is to let the chili simmer longer so the liquid reduces. ✨

A sprinkle of cornmeal is a classic way to thicken chili. It adds a subtle corn flavor too! Just start with a tablespoon or two, cook it for a few minutes, and see how it thickens up. You can always add a bit more if needed. 🙂👌😋✨

I swear by adding a variety of beans in different textures—like kidney beans for creaminess and black beans for bite! This combo gives a rich texture without overpowering the veggies. 🌶️🥄 Plus, a splash of tomato paste near the end amps up flavor and thickness.

Back