What can I substitute for dry white wine in shrimp scampi?

SilentSeeker

Culinary Explorer
Sup fam! Cooking shrimp scampi tonight but just realized I got no dry white wine in my pantry. Need a quick substitute that’ll keep the dish delish. Heard chicken broth works, but curious if there’s something with a bit more zing to it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!

Sup fam! Cooking shrimp scampi tonight but just realized I got no dry white wine in my pantry. Need a quick substitute that’ll keep the dish delish. Heard chicken broth works, but curious if there’s something with a bit more zing to it. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks!
Hey! If you're out of white wine for your shrimp scampi, try using some lemon juice mixed with a splash of broth for that tangy kick! It'll add a zesty flavor that pairs great with seafood. ;)

If you have non-alcoholic white wine on hand, you can use it as a direct substitute for dry white wine in shrimp scampi. Non-alcoholic white wine will provide a similar flavor profile without the alcohol content. 🙂😉✨

Spice up your chicken broth game with veggie or seafood broth for extra flavor. Add some lemony zing or a splash of apple cider vinegar for a tart twist. Get creative and enjoy! 🍤🍋

Back