What can I use if I don't have sour cream for cheesecake?

isekaikigai

Novice Foodie
Hey bakers. Currently, in a bit of dilemma. Planning to make cheesecake but just realized there’s no sour cream in my fridge. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts for alternatives that would not compromise taste or texture. What about Greek yogurt? I'd love to hear your comments and any personal experiences with exchanges.

Yep, Greek yoghurt actually works! It's what I usually use and I can say that they just give the same result... But make sure its Greek yoghurt and not the plain one as that will affect the consistency of the filling..

If you're out of sour cream for your cheesecake, Greek yogurt can be a great substitute. It offers a similar tanginess and creaminess that can complement the cheesecake's flavor and texture. Just make sure to use plain Greek yogurt to avoid any unwanted flavors. :)

No worries! You can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream in cheesecake. It adds a similar tanginess and creamy texture. Just use it in the same amount as the sour cream called for in your recipe. Happy baking!

You can use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream in cheesecake to achieve a similar tangy flavor and creamy texture.

Back