What else can you put in chili besides beans?

Ajax

Novice Foodie
Hey food fellaz! Let's get creative with our chili recipes! Besides beans what other tasty ingredients do you love to throw into your pot? From veggies like bell peppers and corn to meats like ground turkey or even sweet potatoes, share your unique additions that take chili to the next level! 🍲🔥

Hey food fellaz! Let's get creative with our chili recipes! Besides beans what other tasty ingredients do you love to throw into your pot? From veggies like bell peppers and corn to meats like ground turkey or even sweet potatoes, share your unique additions that take chili to the next level! 🍲🔥
Oh, there are plenty of tasty options to spice up your chili besides beans! 🌶️ How about adding some hearty chunks of diced vegetables like bell peppers, onions, and carrots? They add texture and flavor, plus a dose of veggies never hurts! 🥕

I once attended a chili cook-off where a contestant swore by adding quinoa to their recipe for extra protein and texture. 🌟 Though skeptical at first, I decided to give it a try. To my surprise, the quinoa lent a hearty, satisfying element to the chili, though it did slightly alter the traditional flavor. 🍲 Since then, I've been experimenting with different grains and legumes in my own chili recipes, finding new ways to enhance texture and nutrition without compromising taste.

My go-to additions for chili? Ground beef, diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, and a dash of smoked paprika for that extra kick...🌶️.

If you're really looking for a replacement I'd be tempted to try lentils. Never done it and don't know how it would go, but I've made Bolognese with lentils and they have a nice texture and flavor that blends well with tomato/beef type dishes.

I think adding bell peppers could be a great option :) Adding bell peppers in chili provides an additional sweet crunch. Also, you can also add corn kernel for additional flavors. :cool:

Back