What goes into making buñuelos?

Horton

Culinary Explorer
I'm excited to start making buñuelos but am a bit unsure about the ingredients. Does anyone have a tried-and-true list of essentials that I should gather before getting started? I’m keen to learn from those who have perfected their recipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😊👩‍🍳

Buñuelos Ingredients: 🍩✨
For the Dough:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour 🌾
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder ✨
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt 🧂
  • 2 tablespoons sugar 🍬
  • 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened) 🧈
  • 1/2 cup warm water 💧
  • 1 egg (beaten) 🥚
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional) 🌼
For Frying:
  • Vegetable oil (for frying) 🌻
For the Topping:
  • Cinnamon sugar mixture (1/2 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon) 🍬🌿
Instructions:
  1. Mix Dry Ingredients: Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl. 🍚🔄
  2. Incorporate Wet Ingredients: Add butter, warm water, beaten egg, and vanilla. Mix to form a dough. 💧🥚
  3. Knead: Knead the dough until smooth, then let it rest for 20-30 minutes. 🕒💪
  4. Shape: Roll out dough into thin circles or desired shapes. 🟢🔄
  5. Fry: Heat oil in a deep skillet, and fry dough pieces until golden brown on both sides. 🌡️🍳
  6. Drain & Coat: Drain on paper towels and coat with cinnamon sugar while warm. 🍬✨
Enjoy your delicious, crispy buñuelos! 😋🍩

I'm excited to start making buñuelos but am a bit unsure about the ingredients. Does anyone have a tried-and-true list of essentials that I should gather before getting started? I’m keen to learn from those who have perfected their recipe. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😊👩‍🍳
Hey there! So stoked you're diving into making buñuelos! For a start, you'll need flour, baking powder, eggs, milk, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and oil for frying. Thanks for giving my recipe a try—can't wait to hear how they turn out! 😋🎉

Making buñuelos is all about that delicious mix of tradition and yumminess! ✨ Typically, it's flour, eggs, and sometimes a touch of anise for that extra flavor kick. Mix it up, fry 'em till they're golden and crispy, then dust 'em with sugar or drizzle some syrup on top. They're like little bites of crispy heaven! Enjoy baking!

Buñuelos, a traditional Spanish and Latin American dessert, are made by combining flour, eggs, sugar, and butter into a dough, which is then rolled thin and fried until crispy. They are often dusted with cinnamon sugar or drizzled with syrup or honey before serving 🍮🍯.

Back