What happens if you put too much baking soda in zucchini bread?

laplus

Tasty Apprentice
Howdyy!! I'm curious about what happens when zucchini bread gets an overdose of baking soda. 🤔 I accidentally did that and made a disaster. Strangely, the loaf ballooned like a pufferfish, kinda frustrating!! 🤢 It ended a nightmare rather than a bakery delight. Would love to hear your mishaps or tips on this! 😅

Ooooh, I bet it also tastes bitter! I also had a funny accident while baking recently. I used salt instead of sugar so everything tastes so salty. It's funny but I cried lol

It happened to me last year when I was practicing making zucchini bread and the tip of the container accidentally slipped. I felt so doomed that day hahaha. Guess what, it tastes like something metallic and its texture is kinda crumby like trash food. Luckily I made it perfect after my second try. I hope you also do it perfectly next time. Keep trying brotha.

I can tell you, though, that adding too much baking soda to zucchini bread can have some unfavorable effects. 🥒🍞 Adding too much baking soda can make the bread taste harsh and leave a soapy aftertaste, even though a small amount helps it rise and attain a light, fluffy texture.

It happened to me last year when I was practicing making zucchini bread and the tip of the container accidentally slipped. I felt so doomed that day hahaha. Guess what, it tastes like something metallic and its texture is kinda crumby like trash food. Luckily I made it perfect after my second try. I hope you also do it perfectly next time. Keep trying brotha.
Wow that's great! Congratulation on perfecting it 🥹

I can tell you, though, that adding too much baking soda to zucchini bread can have some unfavorable effects. 🥒🍞 Adding too much baking soda can make the bread taste harsh and leave a soapy aftertaste, even though a small amount helps it rise and attain a light, fluffy texture.
I'll keep that in mind ☺️

If you accidentally go heavy on the baking soda, the zucchini bread might turn out with a soapy aftertaste 😕. Though, some people might not notice it much 🤔.

Looks like your zucchini bread tried to audition for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade—next time, go easy on the baking soda and avoid the pufferfish effect! 🎈🍞😅

Back