What is a traditional baguette?

Kitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone, curious about what defines a traditional baguette. Is it the ingredients, shape, or baking technique that sets it apart? I’ve read about strict French standards for crust, crumb, and even length. What have you learned or experienced that embodies the essence of a classic baguette? Keen to hear your insights!🤔🥖🤸‍♀️

Hey everyone, curious about what defines a traditional baguette. Is it the ingredients, shape, or baking technique that sets it apart? I’ve read about strict French standards for crust, crumb, and even length. What have you learned or experienced that embodies the essence of a classic baguette? Keen to hear your insights!🤔🥖🤸‍♀️
A traditional baguette is a long, thin loaf of French bread characterized by its crispy crust and soft interior. It's typically made with flour, water, yeast, and salt, and is known for its iconic shape and flavor.

A traditional baguette is a long, thin loaf of French bread characterized by its crispy crust and soft interior. It's typically made with flour, water, yeast, and salt, and is known for its iconic shape and flavor.
Ah, the classic baguette! 🥖🇫🇷 Though, I think traditionally, it's a long, thin loaf with a crispy crust and soft, airy interior, made with just flour, water, yeast, and salt.

The fluffy inside and crunchy exterior of a classic French baguette are its most famous features. Its distinctive form and texture, achieved by meticulous fermentation and hydration, are derived from a few basic components. French bakers are proud of the excellent standards they uphold for this popular bread! 🥖

Back