What is ramen mostly made of?

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer
Hey all, diving into what makes up our beloved ramen today 🤗🥡🍜🥢. At its heart, you've got wheat noodles bathed in a flavorful broth, which could be anything from shoyu to miso, and topped off with slices of meat, usually pork, and veggies like green onions ☺🤤. Eggs often make an appearance too, soft-boiled to perfection. It's this blend of simple, yet rich ingredients that turns a bowl of ramen into a soul-soothing meal. Ever wonder about the varieties and what goes into making each type unique? I'm all about learning more and sharing ramen tales. What's in your favorite bowl? 🥰👋🌝

Hey all, diving into what makes up our beloved ramen today 🤗🥡🍜🥢. At its heart, you've got wheat noodles bathed in a flavorful broth, which could be anything from shoyu to miso, and topped off with slices of meat, usually pork, and veggies like green onions ☺🤤. Eggs often make an appearance too, soft-boiled to perfection. It's this blend of simple, yet rich ingredients that turns a bowl of ramen into a soul-soothing meal. Ever wonder about the varieties and what goes into making each type unique? I'm all about learning more and sharing ramen tales. What's in your favorite bowl? 🥰👋🌝
Hey there! I think ramen noodles are primarily made from wheat flour, water, salt, and kansui, which is an alkaline mineral water. Though the exact ingredients can vary depending on the brand and type of ramen, these basic components are what give ramen its unique texture and flavor. 🍜🌾

Hey there! I think ramen noodles are primarily made from wheat flour, water, salt, and kansui, which is an alkaline mineral water. Though the exact ingredients can vary depending on the brand and type of ramen, these basic components are what give ramen its unique texture and flavor. 🍜🌾
You got it @johnlloyd 💯 Kansui is definitely the secret weapon in ramen, giving it that springy, chewy texture we all love.

Now, anyone else here have a favorite ramen broth they love to whip up? Spicy miso, creamy tonkotsu, the possibilities are endless! :D

Back