What is the difference between lemon curd and lemon pie filling?

wakabalo

Novice Foodie
Hello there! Have you ever pondered about the difference between lemon curd and lemon pie filling? 🍋 I'm intrigued by their differences, if there's any. Is it just a matter of texture or ingredients? Maybe there's a secret technique that sets them apart. What's your take on this citrusy conundrum? 🤔

Hello there! Have you ever pondered about the difference between lemon curd and lemon pie filling? 🍋 I'm intrigued by their differences, if there's any. Is it just a matter of texture or ingredients? Maybe there's a secret technique that sets them apart. What's your take on this citrusy conundrum? 🤔
Lemon curd is typically smoother and more intensely flavored than lemon pie filling, which tends to be thicker and sweeter due to the addition of sugar and other ingredients like cornstarch for thickening. Lemon curd is often used as a spread or filling for desserts, while lemon pie filling is specifically formulated for use in pies and other baked goods.

Lemon curd and lemon pie filling are similar in tanginess but different in texture and use. Curd is creamy and intense, great for spreads and toppings, while pie filling is thicker and perfect for pies. 🍋

Back