When's the best time to season a steak?

Kenz

Culinary Explorer
Quick question for the steak aficionados here: when do you think is the best time to season your steak? Right before it hits the grill or should it marinate for a while? I’m trying to lock in as much flavor as possible and would love your advice! 🕒🍖

I’ve been playing around with steak seasoning and TBH, giving it a good rub and letting it chill for at least 30 mins before grilling has been a game changer! Locks in those flavors real good. Thanks for asking, and I’m down for more tips anytime! 😋🔥

Great question! 🥩✨ The best time to season a steak is right before you cook it. Just before grilling or searing, sprinkle with salt and pepper to enhance that amazing flavor. 🔥 This helps the seasoning really stick and penetrate the meat.

If you want to have a deeper flavor, try seasoning the steak with salt and let it rest in the fridge for up to 24 hours. 😊⏲️ This lets the salt penetrate the meat, and as a result, you'll get a flavorful and tender meat. 🥩🧂 Just remember to bring the steak to room temperature before cooking.

Back