Where did flan originated?

rootme

Culinary Explorer
Hey folks, diving into flan’s backstory, I'm intrigued about its origins. Did this creamy, caramel-topped dessert start in Roman kitchens, or can we trace its roots further back? I've seen mentions of Spain and France too. Love to gather your insights or historical tidbits on where flan truly began!

Hey folks, diving into flan’s backstory, I'm intrigued about its origins. Did this creamy, caramel-topped dessert start in Roman kitchens, or can we trace its roots further back? I've seen mentions of Spain and France too. Love to gather your insights or historical tidbits on where flan truly began!
Hey! 🍮 Flan has quite the origin story! It's believed to have originated in ancient Rome, then made its way to Spain during the Moorish occupation. From there, it spread to Latin America and beyond, each region adding its own twist to this delicious dessert. Isn't food history fascinating? 😋🌍

Flan originated in ancient Rome, but it gained popularity in Spain and later spread to Latin America and other parts of the world.

Flan is believed to have originated in ancient Rome, but it was the Spanish who perfected the recipe and brought it to Latin America during colonization. It's fascinating how food connects different parts of the world! 🍮🌐

Flan: the dessert with ancient roots, likely starting in Roman kitchens and getting a caramel makeover through Spain and France! 🍮📜

Back