Whisky Sauce 🥃

potatohead101

Culinary Explorer
I learned this whisky sauce recipe while visiting Scotland! 🏴🥃 It’s a local favorite and I knew I had to share it with you all. 🍲 Enjoy! 🍴

1200×1222
178.3 kB

Whisky sauce.jpg

Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins - 10 mins
Easy
Serves 4 - 6

Ingredients​

• 2 tbsp cracked black peppercorns
  • 1½ chicken stock cubes
  • 400ml double cream
  • 60ml whisky

Method​

• STEP 1
    Heat a small, dry pan over medium-low heat and toast the black peppercorns for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.

• STEP 2
    Dissolve the stock cubes in 100ml of boiling water. Add this to the pan with the double cream, bring to a boil, and cook for about 30 seconds before reducing the heat to low. Pour in the whisky and cook for an additional 2 minutes, then season to taste. The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Reheat it in a pan over low heat before serving.

Hi! Whisky sauce is a real crowd-pleaser! Though it's indulgent, I think you can make it a bit healthier by using low-fat cream or even Greek yogurt instead. You'll still get that creamy texture and rich flavor, but with a lighter touch. Perfect for guilt-free indulgence! 🥛😋

Oooh ..sounds like a flavor bomb from Scotland! :love: Gotta love a local favorite, thanks for sharing this gem with us! Now I gotta figure out what to put it on...Steak? Chicken? Decisions, decisions 😁

I learned this whisky sauce recipe while visiting Scotland! 🏴🥃 It’s a local favorite and I knew I had to share it with you all. 🍲 Enjoy! 🍴

1200×1222

178.3 kB

View attachment 3653

Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 5 mins - 10 mins
Easy
Serves 4 - 6

Ingredients​

• 2 tbsp cracked black peppercorns
  • 1½ chicken stock cubes
  • 400ml double cream
  • 60ml whisky

Method​

• STEP 1
    Heat a small, dry pan over medium-low heat and toast the black peppercorns for 1-2 minutes until they become fragrant.

• STEP 2
    Dissolve the stock cubes in 100ml of boiling water. Add this to the pan with the double cream, bring to a boil, and cook for about 30 seconds before reducing the heat to low. Pour in the whisky and cook for an additional 2 minutes, then season to taste. The sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. Reheat it in a pan over low heat before serving.
This whisky sauce recipe sounds like the perfect addition to steak or grilled chicken! Has anyone experimented with different types of whisky for unique flavor profiles? Can't wait to try it out on my next barbecue night! 🥃🔥🍖

Back