Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge Recipe

xxscj1678

Culinary Explorer

Hey! Hey! Wake up to wholesome goodness with this Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge! 🌾🥣 Packed with a mix of red rice, oats, barley, and more, it's a hearty start to your day. Customize with dried fruits, nuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup for extra yum! 🍓🥜🍁 #BreakfastGoals #HealthyEating

Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge Recipe​

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup red or wild rice
  • 1/2 cup steel-cut oats
  • 1/4 cup pearl barley or farro
  • 1/2 cup farina or wheat cereal
  • 1 2-inch piece orange peel
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons packed dark or light brown sugar
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 cup dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, raisins, and/or chopped apricots)
  • Chopped nuts, maple syrup, and/or milk, for serving (optional)
Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge R.jpg

Directions:

1. Up to 12 hours before serving, combine the rice, oats, barley, and farina in a 6-to-10-cup rice cooker. Stir in the orange peel, cinnamon stick, sugar, salt, and 5 cups of water. Add the dried fruit.
  2. Close the cooker, set the timer, and program for the porridge cycle so that breakfast is ready at the desired time. (If you don't have a porridge setting on your rice cooker, program for 50 to 55 minutes).
  3. Serve the warm porridge with nuts, syrup, and/or milk, if desired. Enjoy!

PS: Start your mornings right with this cozy Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge! 🌞🥣 It's like a warm hug for your taste buds, packed with wholesome grains and a burst of fruity goodness. Customize it to your heart's content and make every breakfast a delightful experience! 💖

This Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge is the breakfast of CHAMPIONS! 🤩🙌 Love how it's packed with all those good-for-you grains and customizable with all the yummy toppings! Who needs boring cereal when you can have this? 🫶

This Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge recipe is just what I've been searching for! 🌾🥣 I love that it's hearty and nutritious, perfect for starting the day off right. Plus, the variety of grains adds a lovely depth of flavor and texture. I can't wait to give it a try and customize it with my favorite toppings like fresh fruit and nuts. 🌟🍓🥜

I always like to add a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors. I think it brings out the natural sweetness of the grains, though you can omit it if you prefer a sweeter porridge. 🧂

This Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge recipe is just what I've been searching for! 🌾🥣 I love that it's hearty and nutritious, perfect for starting the day off right. Plus, the variety of grains adds a lovely depth of flavor and texture. I can't wait to give it a try and customize it with my favorite toppings like fresh fruit and nuts. 🌟🍓🥜
Thanks a bunch! Glad you're loving the Whole-Grain Breakfast Porridge recipe. Adding your favorite toppings is a great idea for that personal touch. Enjoy every bite!

Back