Why are my scalloped potatoes so oily?

Some recipes call for a generous amount of butter or oil to be layered between the potato slices, which can result in greasy scalloped potatoes. Try reducing the amount of butter or oil called for in the recipe or using a cooking spray to lightly coat the baking dish instead. 😉😉👌

Some recipes call for a generous amount of butter or oil to be layered between the potato slices, which can result in greasy scalloped potatoes. Try reducing the amount of butter or oil called for in the recipe or using a cooking spray to lightly coat the baking dish instead. 😉😉👌
Totally agree, less butter = less grease.

Scalloped potatoes can become oily if there's too much fat in the recipe, such as excessive butter or cream, so try reducing the amount of fat used or increasing the amount of starchy liquid (like milk or broth) to create a smoother sauce without excess oiliness! 🥔🥛🍽️

I've had oily scalloped potatoes happen to me too! One thing you could try is using less butter or cheese in your recipe. Also, make sure to drain any excess oil off the potatoes before baking. Hopefully, that'll help reduce the oiliness! 🥔🧀

Heyya pals! 🥔 I'm so upset my scalloped potatoes were too oily! 🤔 I followed the recipe that I saw online, but then it ended up as a runny dish than I intended. Any idea what has gone bad? I'm all ears for your tips and tricks!

Hey there! The idea of scalloped potatoes makes me really pissed. It could be the fact that there is too much oil in it or not enough thickener such as flour or cheese. Why not not using so much oil the next time, but instead adding some thickeners for a better consistency?🥔

Yeah, totally! I've found that cutting back on the butter or oil in scalloped potatoes does the trick without making them too greasy. Just a light spritz of cooking spray on the baking dish works wonders.

Scalloped potatoes can become oily if there's too much fat in the recipe, such as excessive butter or cream, so try reducing the amount of fat used or increasing the amount of starchy liquid (like milk or broth) to create a smoother sauce without excess oiliness! 🥔🥛🍽️
Hey, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I make scalloped potatoes. Too much oiliness can really ruin a good dish. :)

I've had oily scalloped potatoes happen to me too! One thing you could try is using less butter or cheese in your recipe. Also, make sure to drain any excess oil off the potatoes before baking. Hopefully, that'll help reduce the oiliness! 🥔🧀
Hey, thanks for the tip! I'll definitely try cutting back on the butter and cheese next time. Hopefully, that'll do the trick and make 'em less oily. 🤞🏼

Hey there! The idea of scalloped potatoes makes me really pissed. It could be the fact that there is too much oil in it or not enough thickener such as flour or cheese. Why not not using so much oil the next time, but instead adding some thickeners for a better consistency?🥔
Yeah, totally get where you're coming from! Scaling back on the oil and beefing up the thickness with some flour or cheese sounds like a solid plan for next time. (y)(y)

Using a lower-fat cheese or reducing the amount of cheese in the recipe could help cut down on the oiliness. Lastly, try baking the dish at a slightly higher temperature to help evaporate any excess oil during cooking. Hopefully, these tips will help you achieve perfectly creamy and delicious scalloped potatoes next time! 🥔🧀🍽️

Using a lower-fat cheese or reducing the amount of cheese in the recipe could help cut down on the oiliness. Lastly, try baking the dish at a slightly higher temperature to help evaporate any excess oil during cooking. Hopefully, these tips will help you achieve perfectly creamy and delicious scalloped potatoes next time! 🥔🧀🍽️
Hey, thanks for the tips! I'll definitely try using lower-fat cheese and baking at a higher temp next time. Hopefully, it'll solve the oiliness prob with my scalloped potatoes! 😉

Using less cheese 🧀 or opting for a lower-fat variety might help. Cheese can add richness, but too much can make things greasy.
Yeah, cutting back on the cheese or going for the lighter stuff could keep things from getting too greasy. Gotta find that balance, you know? 🙂

Back