Why are roasted carrots sweet?

AL_

Tasty Apprentice
Hey team, noticed how sweet roasted carrots get after baking? Wonder what causes this delightful change.
Some say it's caramelization, but I'm curious about the science or kitchen magic behind it. Anyone dug into why roasting turns these veggies into such sugary treats? Would love to hear your explanations or theories! 🥕🤔😋

Roasted carrots develop sweetness due to caramelization, a natural chemical process that occurs when the sugars in the carrots are exposed to high heat. This brings out their natural sweetness and enhances their flavor. Have you tried roasting carrots with different seasonings? 🥕🔥

I think roasted carrots become sweet due to caramelization! 🥕🔥 Though their natural sugars also intensify as they cook, enhancing their sweetness. Thanks for the interesting question!

Ah, the mystery of those magically sweet roasted carrots! 🤔✨ It's like they transform into sugary delights right before our eyes. Some folks swear it's all about caramelization, but I'm intrigued by the science or maybe even a touch of kitchen wizardry behind it! 🧙‍♂️💫 Anyone else dived into the depths of why roasting works its sugary wonders on these veggies? Let's uncover the secrets together! 🕵️‍♀️🥕😋

Back