Why does my crusty bread always turn out dense?

Stark

Culinary Explorer
Every time I try to bake light, airy bread, it comes out too dense. I'm wondering if I'm missing a crucial step or ingredient. Could anyone help troubleshoot or offer techniques that might lighten the texture? 🍞😩

Every time I try to bake light, airy bread, it comes out too dense. I'm wondering if I'm missing a crucial step or ingredient. Could anyone help troubleshoot or offer techniques that might lighten the texture? 🍞😩
Hey! 🙌 Thanks for asking! If your crusty bread's turning out dense, it might be the kneading, proofing, or even the flour type. Try giving it more time to rise, and make sure your yeast is fresh. Also, high-hydration dough can help! Happy baking! 🍞👩‍🍳

Though it varies with each recipe, I think preheating your oven and using steam during baking can help develop a crisp crust while keeping the inside fluffy. 🔥💨

Make sure to knead until the dough is smooth and elastic, use bread flour, allow proper rising time, measure flour accurately, check yeast effectiveness, bake at the correct temperature with steam, and shape the dough correctly. 🌾🍞

Back