Why is my air fryer salmon dry?

potatohead101

Culinary Explorer
Hey team, always ending up with dry salmon from my air fryer. Not sure what's going wrong. I keep temps reasonable and cooking times short, but no luck yet. Anyone else struggle with this? Looking for advice on how to lock in moisture for that perfect, juicy fillet. Thoughts?

Hey team, always ending up with dry salmon from my air fryer. Not sure what's going wrong. I keep temps reasonable and cooking times short, but no luck yet. Anyone else struggle with this? Looking for advice on how to lock in moisture for that perfect, juicy fillet. Thoughts?
Salmon cooked in an air fryer may occasionally come out dry from overcooking. Since salmon may rapidly turn dry if left in the air fryer for an extended period of time, it's important to regularly watch the cooking time because air fryers cook food quickly and at high temperatures. Furthermore, the thickness of the salmon fillet might influence the cooking time, thus it's important to modify the cooking time accordingly. Try marinating the salmon before cooking it to help preserve moisture, or brush it with oil to help avoid dryness. Lastly, you may discover the ideal balance for tasty and juicy salmon by experimenting with different air fryer settings and cooking periods.

I think the cooking time might be too long in the air fryer, drying out the salmon. Though, try brushing it with olive oil or adding a bit of lemon juice before cooking to keep it moist! 🐟🍋

Back