Why is my banana pudding grainy?

Rain

Culinary Explorer
Hey, so I made some banana pudding last night, and it turned out grainy. Seriously, not what I was aiming for. Anyone know why this happens? My guess is something to do with the sugar or maybe how I mixed ingredients. Would hate to serve something less than perfect at the family get-together next weekend.

Hey, so I made some banana pudding last night, and it turned out grainy. Seriously, not what I was aiming for. Anyone know why this happens? My guess is something to do with the sugar or maybe how I mixed ingredients. Would hate to serve something less than perfect at the family get-together next weekend.
To avoid grainy banana pudding, ensure sugar and cornstarch dissolve, cook over low-medium heat, stir constantly, and strain after cooking. Enjoy! 🍌🥄

To avoid grainy banana pudding, ensure sugar and cornstarch dissolve, cook over low-medium heat, stir constantly, and strain after cooking. Enjoy! 🍌🥄
Totally agree! Dissolve sugar and cornstarch, cook low, stir often, and strain after. Perfect banana pudding every time! 🍌🥄

Banana pudding turning grainy? It might be due to overcooking the custard or not mixing it thoroughly. Try cooking at a lower temperature and whisking constantly! 🍌🥄✨

Grainy banana pudding could be due to overcooking the custard or not dissolving the sugar completely, resulting in a gritty texture. Try cooking the custard over low heat and stirring constantly to ensure a smooth consistency. Additionally, make sure to use ripe bananas for optimal sweetness and smoothness in your pudding.

Totally agree! Dissolve sugar and cornstarch, cook low, stir often, and strain after. Perfect banana pudding every time! 🍌🥄
Banana pudding turning grainy? It might be due to overcooking the custard or not mixing it thoroughly. Try cooking at a lower temperature and whisking constantly! 🍌🥄✨
Grainy banana pudding could be due to overcooking the custard or not dissolving the sugar completely, resulting in a gritty texture. Try cooking the custard over low heat and stirring constantly to ensure a smooth consistency. Additionally, make sure to use ripe bananas for optimal sweetness and smoothness in your pudding.
Thanks for sharing ideas guys, it really helps a lot😊

Back