Yummy Martabak Manis Recipe

ur.cookerist

Culinary Explorer
Alright, snack lovers, get ready to have your taste buds blown away by this sweet, savory, and totally addictive Indonesian treat! ;)😋 Learned this thick, fluffy pancake after I visited my friend at Indonesia and she taught me this recipe ..Lemme share with you too 🥞🤗

Martabak_Manis.jpg

Ingredients:

For the pancake:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling and toppings:
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
  • 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
  • Butter or margarine for greasing the pan
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
  2. Make a well in the center and crack in the egg. Gradually pour in the warm water while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or whisk. The batter should be smooth and lump-free.
  3. Cover the bowl and let the batter rest for about 30 minutes to an hour. This will help the pancake develop that signature fluffy texture.
  4. When you're ready to cook, heat up a large non-stick pan or flat griddle over medium-low heat. Grease it generously with butter or margarine.
  5. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the batter and quickly tilt the pan to spread it into a thin, even layer. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
  6. Remove the lid and spread the shredded cheese, condensed milk, and chocolate hazelnut spread over one half of the pancake.
  7. Use a spatula to fold the other half of the pancake over the fillings, creating a half-moon shape.
  8. Brush the top of the pancake with a little more butter or margarine, and carefully flip it over to cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
  9. Transfer the Martabak Manis to a plate, and sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the top.
  10. Slice it up and serve hot, encouraging everyone to dig in and experience this sweet, savory, crunchy, gooey masterpiece!
Trust me, one bite and you'll be hooked for life. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking and prepare to embark on a flavor adventure like no other! 🥰

Alright, snack lovers, get ready to have your taste buds blown away by this sweet, savory, and totally addictive Indonesian treat! ;)😋 Learned this thick, fluffy pancake after I visited my friend at Indonesia and she taught me this recipe ..Lemme share with you too 🥞🤗

View attachment 3343
Ingredients:

For the pancake:

• 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups warm water
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
For the filling and toppings:
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread (like Nutella)
  • 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
  • Butter or margarine for greasing the pan
Instructions:
  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
  2. Make a well in the center and crack in the egg. Gradually pour in the warm water while stirring continuously with a wooden spoon or whisk. The batter should be smooth and lump-free.
  3. Cover the bowl and let the batter rest for about 30 minutes to an hour. This will help the pancake develop that signature fluffy texture.
  4. When you're ready to cook, heat up a large non-stick pan or flat griddle over medium-low heat. Grease it generously with butter or margarine.
  5. Pour in about 1/2 cup of the batter and quickly tilt the pan to spread it into a thin, even layer. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the bottom is golden brown.
  6. Remove the lid and spread the shredded cheese, condensed milk, and chocolate hazelnut spread over one half of the pancake.
  7. Use a spatula to fold the other half of the pancake over the fillings, creating a half-moon shape.
  8. Brush the top of the pancake with a little more butter or margarine, and carefully flip it over to cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
  9. Transfer the Martabak Manis to a plate, and sprinkle the crushed peanuts over the top.
  10. Slice it up and serve hot, encouraging everyone to dig in and experience this sweet, savory, crunchy, gooey masterpiece!
Trust me, one bite and you'll be hooked for life. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking and prepare to embark on a flavor adventure like no other! 🥰
The Martabak Manis recipe sounds intriguing! I'm always up for trying new sweet treats from different cultures. Can't wait to whip up a batch and indulge in some delicious Indonesian flavors! 🍫🥞

This Martabak Manis recipe sounds amazing! 😍🎉 The fluffy pancake base, decadent fillings, and crunchy toppings make it a true Indonesian delight. Learning it from a friend adds a special touch. Can't wait to try it! 🥞🤤

Yummy Martabak Manis, a delightful Indonesian treat that's a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds! 🇮🇩🍴✨ Imagine sinking your teeth into layers of fluffy pancake filled with a rich and indulgent mixture of chocolate, cheese, condensed milk, and your favorite toppings, like crushed peanuts or chocolate sprinkles. Each bite is a symphony of sweet flavors and textures, melting in your mouth with sheer delight. Whether enjoyed as a snack or a dessert, Martabak Manis is a true crowd-pleaser that brings joy to any occasion! 🥞🍫😋

Back