Yummy Thai Green Curry

Marcussikreyvingx

Culinary Explorer
I just whipped up this delicious Thai Green Curry and I couldn't wait to share the recipe with you all! It's seriously yum! 😋

So Lez go? Here's how I made it!

Ingredients
225g new potatoes, cut into chunks
100g green beans, trimmed and halved
1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 rounded tbsp or 4 tsp Thai green curry paste (you can't fit the tablespoon into some of the jars)
400ml can coconut milk
2 tsp Thai fish sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
450g boneless skinless chicken (breasts or thighs), cut into bite-size pieces
2 lime leaves finely shredded, or 3 wide strips lime zest, plus extra to garnish
good handful of basil leaves
boiled rice, to serve

Method

STEP 1
Put 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks, in a pan of boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.

STEP 2
Add 100g trimmed and halved green beans and cook for a further 3 minutes, by which time both should be just tender but not too soft. Drain and put to one side.

STEP 3
In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then drop in 1 chopped garlic clove and cook until golden, this should take only a few seconds. Don’t let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste.

STEP 4
Spoon in 1 rounded tbsp Thai green curry paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.

STEP 5
Next, pour in a 400ml can of coconut milk and let it come to a bubble.

STEP 6
Stir in 2 tsp Thai fish sauce and 1 tsp caster sugar, then 450g bite-size chicken pieces. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.

STEP 7
Tip in the potatoes and beans and let them warm through in the hot coconut milk, then add 2 finely shredded lime leaves (or 3 wide strips lime zest).

STEP 8
Add a good handful basil leaves, but only leave them briefly on the heat or they will quickly lose their brightness.

STEP 9
Scatter with lime to garnish and serve immediately with boiled rice.

Hope you guys enjoy it as much as I did! Let me know how it turns out for you! 🤗

ChixCurryThai.jpg

Whoa! I adore how savory it is with the Thai green curry paste, coconut milk, and fragrant herbs. It sounds amazing. It's also a filling and hearty dinner because it has chicken and vegetables like potatoes and green beans. I'm eager to give this a try for dinner this evening! 🍽

Thank you for sharing your culinary expertise with the community! I can't wait to give this recipe a try and savor every mouthful of that delicious Thai green curry goodness. 🌿🥥

Back