Almond Popcorn Bar Recipe

Oniokitty

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! 👋

I wanted to share a snack recipe I’ve been obsessed with lately – Almond Popcorn Bars! They’re the perfect mix of crunchy, nutty, and just sweet enough. Plus, they're super easy to make and great for a quick snack or on-the-go treat. Thought I'd drop the recipe here if anyone wants to give them a try! 😊

Ingredients:​

• 6 cups popped popcorn (plain or lightly salted)
  • 1/2 cup almond butter (or your fave nut butter)
  • 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
  • 1/2 cup chopped almonds (roasted for extra flavor!)
  • 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins (optional but adds a nice chew)
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
  • A pinch of salt (if your almond butter isn’t salted)

Directions:​

1. Pop the popcorn: You can do this on the stove or use plain microwave popcorn. Set it aside in a large bowl.
  2. Mix the sticky stuff: In a small saucepan, gently heat the almond butter and honey (or maple syrup) until it's smooth and combined. Stir in the vanilla extract and salt.
  3. Combine it all: Pour the almond butter mixture over the popcorn and toss until everything is well-coated. Then, mix in the chopped almonds and dried cranberries (if you're using them).
  4. Press into a pan: Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Dump the coated popcorn mix into the pan and press it down firmly with your hands or a spatula (pro tip: use damp hands to prevent sticking!).
  5. Chill and slice: Pop the pan into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set. Once firm, lift the bars out using the parchment paper and cut them into squares or bars.
    Almond Popcorn Bar Recipe.jpg
Enjoy! They're great for munching during a movie, as a post-workout snack, or whenever you need a little energy boost. Let me know if you try them! 🤤✨

Back