Amazingly Good Eggnog πŸ₯š

Marich

Tasty Apprentice
Hi everyone, I wanted to share a recipe that my family always makes, especially during celebrations and holidays! It's for Eggnog, which is a thick and creamy drink with just the right amount of spice, making it perfect for any occasion. It's difficult to describe the flavor of Eggnog to someone who hasn't tasted it, but I'll try my best: Eggnog is custardy, rich, creamy, and sweet. It tastes a bit like melted ice cream that's been spiced with nutmeg. Once you taste it, you'll never go back to store-bought eggnog again! πŸ₯°

DSC_3864-scaled.jpg

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 5 whole cloves
  • 2 Β½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
  • 12 large egg yolks
  • 1 Β½ cups white sugar
  • 4 cups light cream
  • 2 Β½ cups light rum (optional)
  • Β½ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:
  1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and cloves. Stir and heat for about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-low and slowly bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.​
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they become light yellow in color. Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.​
  3. Gradually pour some of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking quickly to avoid cooking the eggs. Continue adding the hot milk gradually while whisking until all the milk is incorporated into the egg mixture.​
  4. Pour the combined mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens (about 3 minutes); make sure not to let it boil.​
  5. Strain the mixture to remove the cloves and allow it to cool for about 1 hour.​
  6. After cooling, stir in the light cream, rum (if using), remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and ground nutmeg.​
  7. Refrigerate the eggnog for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving to allow the flavors to meld.​
  8. Serve the chilled eggnog and enjoy the creamy, spiced goodness!​

This homemade eggnog is perfect for festive gatherings and celebrations. Adjust the amount of rum according to your preference or omit it for a non-alcoholic version. Cheers! πŸ₯‚

This Eggnog recipe is holiday perfection! It’s like a warm hug in a cup with its creamy, spicy goodness. The addition of rum adds a party vibe, but there's a non-alcoholic option too. Cheers to a cozy and flavorful experience! πŸŽ„πŸ₯šπŸΆ

This recipe for Amazingly Good Eggnog has me feeling all kinds of festive! I can practically taste the creamy richness and holiday spices with each sip πŸ€— . Plus, the option to add rum? Yes, please! Can't wait to enjoy a cozy night in with a mug of this delicious eggnog. Cheers!

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a recipe that my family always makes, especially during celebrations and holidays! It's for Eggnog, which is a thick and creamy drink with just the right amount of spice, making it perfect for any occasion. It's difficult to describe the flavor of Eggnog to someone who hasn't tasted it, but I'll try my best: Eggnog is custardy, rich, creamy, and sweet. It tastes a bit like melted ice cream that's been spiced with nutmeg. Once you taste it, you'll never go back to store-bought eggnog again! πŸ₯°

View attachment 2235
Ingredients:
  • 4 cups milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 5 whole cloves
  • 2 Β½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
  • 12 large egg yolks
  • 1 Β½ cups white sugar
  • 4 cups light cream
  • 2 Β½ cups light rum (optional)
  • Β½ teaspoon ground nutmeg

Directions:
  1. In a saucepan over low heat, combine the milk, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, and cloves. Stir and heat for about 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-low and slowly bring the mixture to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.​
  2. In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks until they become light yellow in color. Add the sugar and whisk until the mixture is light and fluffy.​
  3. Gradually pour some of the hot milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture, whisking quickly to avoid cooking the eggs. Continue adding the hot milk gradually while whisking until all the milk is incorporated into the egg mixture.​
  4. Pour the combined mixture back into the saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens (about 3 minutes); make sure not to let it boil.​
  5. Strain the mixture to remove the cloves and allow it to cool for about 1 hour.​
  6. After cooling, stir in the light cream, rum (if using), remaining 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and ground nutmeg.​
  7. Refrigerate the eggnog for at least 8 hours or overnight before serving to allow the flavors to meld.​
  8. Serve the chilled eggnog and enjoy the creamy, spiced goodness!​

This homemade eggnog is perfect for festive gatherings and celebrations. Adjust the amount of rum according to your preference or omit it for a non-alcoholic version. Cheers! πŸ₯‚

Thanks for sharing this recipe! Amazingly Good Eggnog sounds like the perfect festive treat for the holiday season. I can already imagine the rich and creamy flavors of eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and warming spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. Plus, the addition of rum or bourbon adds a delightful kick to this classic drink. Can't wait to try making this Amazingly Good Eggnog for a cozy and indulgent holiday treat!

Oh, the joy of sipping on a glass of Amazingly Good Eggnog! πŸ₯š It's like a creamy hug for your taste buds, with its rich, velvety texture and delightful blend of spices, bringing warmth and cheer with every sip! πŸŽ‰βœ¨

This Eggnog recipe is holiday perfection! It’s like a warm hug in a cup with its creamy, spicy goodness. The addition of rum adds a party vibe, but there's a non-alcoholic option too. Cheers to a cozy and flavorful experience! πŸŽ„πŸ₯šπŸΆ
Oh, totally agree @laplus ! This easy eggnog recipe is the winning ticket for the holiday season! It is so warm and inviting, like sitting in a mother's arms with a scrupulous creamy spiciness. In addition, love how you can order a boozy version or you can keep it cool with the non-alcoholic version. Cheers to that!πŸŽ‰ ;)

This recipe for Amazingly Good Eggnog has me feeling all kinds of festive! I can practically taste the creamy richness and holiday spices with each sip πŸ€— . Plus, the option to add rum? Yes, please! Can't wait to enjoy a cozy night in with a mug of this delicious eggnog. Cheers!
Sounds awesome, @Nemesis ! That eggnog sounds like a holiday dreamβ€”super creamy with those cozy spices. Enjoy your chill night with that mug of yumminess! :love:;)

Thanks for sharing this recipe! Amazingly Good Eggnog sounds like the perfect festive treat for the holiday season. I can already imagine the rich and creamy flavors of eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and warming spices like nutmeg and cinnamon. Plus, the addition of rum or bourbon adds a delightful kick to this classic drink. Can't wait to try making this Amazingly Good Eggnog for a cozy and indulgent holiday treat!
Hey, no problem @Rain ! Glad you liked the recipe. It's perfect for getting into the holiday spirit. Give it a shot and enjoy that creamy, spiced goodness! πŸ€—

Oh, the joy of sipping on a glass of Amazingly Good Eggnog! πŸ₯š It's like a creamy hug for your taste buds, with its rich, velvety texture and delightful blend of spices, bringing warmth and cheer with every sip! πŸŽ‰βœ¨

Oh @Serene , eggnog hits different, right? That creamy, spiced goodness is like a cozy party in your mouth!πŸ˜‹πŸ˜

Back