Apple Butter Recipe

Kurt

Culinary Explorer
try this, you'll surely love it!
Apple Butter Recipe.jpg

Ingredients:​

• 5 lbs (about 12-15 medium) apples, preferably a mix of sweet and tart varieties (such as Granny Smith and Gala)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
  • Juice of 1 lemon

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Apples: Peel, core, and chop the apples into small chunks.
  2. Cook the Apples: Place the chopped apples in a large slow cooker or a heavy-bottomed pot on the stove. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
  3. Slow Cooker Method: Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very tender and can be easily mashed.
    Stovetop Method: Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very tender and can be easily mashed.
  4. Blend or Mash: Once the apples are cooked down, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
  5. Thicken: Continue cooking the apple butter uncovered, stirring frequently, until it thickens to your desired consistency. This can take anywhere from 1-2 hours depending on how thick you prefer it.
  6. Finish: Stir in the vanilla extract if using. Taste and adjust the sweetness or spices if desired.
  7. Store: Let the apple butter cool completely before transferring to clean, sterilized jars or containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Enjoy your homemade apple butter spread on toast, biscuits, or use it in baking recipes for added flavor!

This looks delicious! I love making apple butter in the fall. Do you find using a slow cooker makes a big difference? I've only ever made it on the stovetop, but it can take a while. 🙂👍😉👌✨

Thanks for the recipe! 🍎 Looks super tasty and I can already imagine it spread on toast or mixed into some baking! I'll definitely give it a go and let you know how it turns out. Appreciate the suggestion! 😊

try this, you'll surely love it!
View attachment 4473

Ingredients:​

• 5 lbs (about 12-15 medium) apples, preferably a mix of sweet and tart varieties (such as Granny Smith and Gala)
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
  • Juice of 1 lemon

Instructions:​

1. Prepare the Apples: Peel, core, and chop the apples into small chunks.
  2. Cook the Apples: Place the chopped apples in a large slow cooker or a heavy-bottomed pot on the stove. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and lemon juice. Stir to combine.
  3. Slow Cooker Method: Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very tender and can be easily mashed.
    Stovetop Method: Cover the pot and cook over low heat for 1-2 hours, stirring occasionally, until the apples are very tender and can be easily mashed.
  4. Blend or Mash: Once the apples are cooked down, use an immersion blender to puree the mixture until smooth. Alternatively, you can transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
  5. Thicken: Continue cooking the apple butter uncovered, stirring frequently, until it thickens to your desired consistency. This can take anywhere from 1-2 hours depending on how thick you prefer it.
  6. Finish: Stir in the vanilla extract if using. Taste and adjust the sweetness or spices if desired.
  7. Store: Let the apple butter cool completely before transferring to clean, sterilized jars or containers. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or freeze for longer storage.
Enjoy your homemade apple butter spread on toast, biscuits, or use it in baking recipes for added flavor!
I made apple butter last fall and it was a hit with my family! It's perfect for spreading on toast or using as a topping for pancakes. Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Back