Apple Cake Recipe

Klaire_Desteen

Culinary Explorer
Hey folks! So, the other day I found myself with a surplus of apples after a fun day of apple picking with friends. Instead of letting them go to waste, I decided to whip up this amazing apple cake recipe that has been a hit every time I make it.
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 2 cups peeled and diced apples (about 2 medium apples)
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
apple cake.jpg
Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan or line it with parchment paper.
  2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg until well combined.
  3. In a separate large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
  4. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
  5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, alternating with the sour cream, and mix until just combined.
  6. Gently fold in the diced apples and chopped nuts (if using) until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
  7. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it out evenly.
  8. Bake in the preheated oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
  9. Allow the apple cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
I hope you enjoy baking this apple cake as much as I do! It's a wonderful way to celebrate the flavors of fall, but it's delicious any time of year. Let me know if you give it a try! 🍎🍰✨

My auntie gave me a box of apples yesterday and I don't know what to do with them. But I saw this recipe and I think I know what to do with them, and I don't want to waste them. Thanks for sharing 😋😉

Back