Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast Recipe

benzie

Culinary Explorer
Hey everyone! I’ve been experimenting with different breakfast options lately, and I came up with this Apple Cinnamon Quinoa Breakfast that’s super warm and cozy. It’s got the perfect balance of sweet and spice, and the quinoa keeps you full all morning. I thought I’d share the recipe here in case anyone wants to give it a try!

Ingredients:

• 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
  • 2 cups water or almond milk (or a mix of both)
  • 1 large apple, diced (I like using a Honeycrisp or Fuji)
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tbsp maple syrup (or to taste)
  • A pinch of salt
  • A handful of chopped nuts (optional)
  • Raisins or dried cranberries (optional)
  • A drizzle of almond butter (optional, but highly recommended!)
Instructions:

1. In a medium pot, bring the quinoa and water/almond milk to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
  2. While the quinoa is cooking, sauté the diced apple in a small pan with a splash of water, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt until it’s soft and fragrant.
  3. Once the quinoa is done, stir in the sautéed apples, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix well.
  4. If you’re adding nuts or dried fruit, toss those in now.
  5. Serve it warm with a drizzle of almond butter on top if you like.
It’s super easy and makes the kitchen smell amazing! You can also make a big batch and reheat it throughout the week. Let me know if you give it a try or if you have any tweaks to make it even better! 😊🍴

Apple-Cinnamon-Quinoa-Breakfast-.jpg

This recipe sounds perfect for a cozy morning! 🍎🍂 I love the idea of mixing apple and cinnamon with quinoa—it must be so warm and comforting. Can't wait to try it for breakfast! Thanks for sharing such a delicious idea! 😊🍴

Back