🌮 Authentic Carnitas Recipe: A Mexican Delight 🌮

deinleigh

Novice Foodie
carnitas.jpg

Embrace the flavors of Mexico with authentic carnitas. Perfectly tender pork with a crispy exterior, these carnitas are cooked slowly and lovingly to create a dish that’s truly celebratory. Let’s get festive in the kitchen! 🎉🇲🇽

Ingredients:

• 3 lbs pork shoulder, cut into large chunks
  • 1 onion, quartered
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 oranges, juiced (keep the halves)
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground cumin
  • Water to cover
Procedure:

1. Place the pork in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the onion, garlic, salt, and cumin.
  2. Squeeze the orange and lime juice over the pork and toss in the squeezed halves.
  3. Add enough water to just cover the ingredients. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
  4. Cover and simmer for about 2-3 hours until the pork is very tender.
  5. Remove the pork and shred it with forks. In a skillet, crisp the pork in batches until golden.
  6. Serve with tortillas, cilantro, diced onions, and a squeeze of lime.
These carnitas are a crowd-pleaser, perfect for a family dinner or a festive gathering. Serve them up taco style, and watch them disappear! The perfect dish for any celebration. 🎊

Wow, these carnitas look amazing! 😋 Thanks for sharing the recipe—perfect for a fiesta or just a tasty dinner! 🌮🙌

This Authentic Carnitas recipe looks like a fiesta in a dish! 🌮🎉 The flavor must be out of this world. Can’t wait to try it and bring some Mexican delight to my table. Thanks for sharing! 😋

I've been wanting to try making carnitas at home for a while now. The slow-cooking method really appeals to me. I love the idea of using orange and lime juice for extra flavor. I'm definitely going to try this recipe this weekend. 😉👌😋👍

Back