Authentic Japchae Recipe - A Taste of Korea!

matchaberry

Culinary Explorer
I'm excited to share with you my favorite recipe for Japchae, a classic Korean dish that's bursting with flavor and packed with colorful vegetables and chewy sweet potato noodles. It's a beloved dish in Korean cuisine, often served at special occasions and celebrations. Plus, it's vegetarian-friendly and can be easily customized to suit your taste preferences.

Here's how to make it:

Ingredients:
Authentic Japchae Recipe.jpg

• 200g sweet potato starch noodles (dangmyeon)
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon sesame oil
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 small onion, thinly sliced
  • 2 carrots, julienned
  • 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
  • 100g spinach
  • 100g mushrooms (shiitake or button), thinly sliced
  • 2 green onions, sliced
  • Toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions:

1. Cook the sweet potato starch noodles according to the package instructions until they're al dente. Drain and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, sugar, and minced garlic to make the sauce. Set aside.
  3. Heat vegetable oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Add the sliced onion and cook until translucent.
  4. Add the julienned carrots and sliced bell pepper to the pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they start to soften.
  5. Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and cook until they're tender and slightly browned.
  6. Next, add the spinach to the pan and cook until it wilts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  7. Add the cooked sweet potato noodles to the pan along with the prepared sauce. Toss everything together until the noodles are well coated with the sauce and heated through.
  8. Remove the pan from the heat and sprinkle sliced green onions and toasted sesame seeds on top for garnish.
  9. Serve the Japchae hot or at room temperature as a side dish or main course.
It's delicious on its own or paired with your favorite Korean BBQ meats. I hope you enjoy making and sharing this flavorful Korean noodle dish with your friends and family!

This Japchae recipe was absolutely fantastic! The combination of sweet potato noodles, colorful veggies, and savory flavors was just perfect. I loved how easy it was to customize with different vegetables and proteins. Plus, the sesame oil and soy sauce dressing tied everything together beautifully. Can't wait to make it again for my next gathering! Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe!🍜🥕

Back